Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is this even being discussed, he's not going to forfeit an extra 150grand a week by choosing us over someone who can pay him silly wages, plus why would he choose not to play in europe at this stage of his career

pretty sure he realizes he's earned enough money in his career already to set him up for 5 lifetimes. if you'd earned how much he has at the age of 29 would you turn down the chance to re-join and finish your career at your boyhood club? he could easily get us back into europe within a season if we're not already there

P$G Bound

I recently read that France's highest earners have to pay 75% tax, so I doubt he will go there.

The big Spanish clubs have their sights on different fish, and Rooney and his family like living in the Northwest and don't really want to move.

Everton it is then.

pretty sure he realizes he's earned enough money in his career already to set him up for 5 lifetimes. if you'd earned how much he has at the age of 29 would you turn down the chance to re-join and finish your career at your boyhood club? he could easily get us back into europe within a season if we're not already there

How do you know that he hasn't spent his money like a drunken sailor. And what revenue is he expecting to have past, say, 37 years of age? What about his kids, who may not necessarily be set for life if he has spent liberally, and has no real earnings potential during the 40 plus years he is expected to live without a footballers salary.

How do you know that he hasn't spent his money like a drunken sailor. And what revenue is he expecting to have past, say, 37 years of age? What about his kids, who may not necessarily be set for life if he has spent liberally, and has no real earnings potential during the 40 plus years he is expected to live without a footballers salary.

no i do not have these records, but still. even if he has spent loads, he'll still have a house to sell worth probably millions and many other sellable assets if it were to come to that.

he'll still get plenty of money from sponsorships after retirement, can someone really be earning around 200k a week and not be set up for life?

I'd be more than happy to see a deal in which Baines ended up at United and Rooney ended up at Everton. In fact, I think I would be incredibly excited if that happened.

Sell Fellaini for 25 million, buy Negredo for 18 million. Then give United Baines and 10million for Rooney, who gets a healthy 'loyalty' payment from United and a massive signing on fee from Everton to offset the reduction in his wages that still leave him earning about 150k a week. United get an expensive substitute off their bench after just signing Falcao, Everton get all the attention and money that Wayne Rooney brings with him.

Use the TV money to buy Strootman or a midfielder of his ilk. Then sell Heitinga and get a good defender for the same amount of cash (Lescott possibly), then sell one of Jelavic or Anichebe for about 5 or 6 million and spend it on a good left back.

Win the league.

I recently read that France's highest earners have to pay 75% tax, so I doubt he will go there.

The big Spanish clubs have their sights on different fish, and Rooney and his family like living in the Northwest and don't really want to move.

Everton it is then.
I hope he doesn't come here, he doesn't deserve to put the Royal Blue shirt on again.

tick tick tick

Pienaar never kissed the badge did he lad

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back