Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney is nowhere near commanding the sort of wage he is on now for his next contract. He must know this.

I don't think it's about the money any more with him. If it was he would just stay where he is and leave for free at the end of his contract. He just wants to play football.

Do you think he'll leave that contract behind for ten million a year less when he could just ride it out making more money than solomon's jewish accountant?

I think he hates sitting on the bench, and that he will be forced into taking a considerable wage cut wherever he moves to.

I don't think anyone is going to be willing to pay over 200k a week for Rooney. I think he might have to go as 'low' as 150k a week, which equates to two Fellaini's, and not much more than the wages of Fellaini and Neville combined.

and not much more than the wages of Fellaini and Neville combined.

When you put it like that - bloody hell! I would happily swap Fellaini for Rooney all day long (yes I know they are not a like for like swap but Felli was often played as the second striker). As for Neville we'd not miss him in the slightest.

Whatever happens I can't see him at Man Utd next season and I can't see them selling to a bona-fide rival of theirs. That leaves him the option to go abroad or clubs like us on a wage cut.

I'm not sure he'd be keen on either but I don't know him so that's just a general thing as most people aren't keen on wage cuts.

Be interesting to see how this pans out as I think he's made a mistake in turning the fans against him publicly.

Rooney is nowhere near commanding the sort of wage he is on now for his next contract. He must know this.

I don't think it's about the money any more with him. If it was he would just stay where he is and leave for free at the end of his contract. He just wants to play football.
Any one know if he's still getting a wedge outside the game like sponsorship deals etc

David The Toffee ‏@lcabbabeh 33m

Can I just say,got a call from someone last night-who's opinion I TRUST BUT whom had been on the Ale in London sayin Asbo CRYIN to come home

from what I can make out he was talking about rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back