Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Newcastle are a realistic club for him (which I don't believe they are) then why can't he come here?

I think the maximum wage we could provide would be 150k a week, which is just like having two Fellaini's. So if you get rid of Fellaini then we would only be increasing our wage bill by 75k a week. You could add Nevilles 50k a week to the pot as well. I'd quite happily shorten our squad numbers (or have lower paid reserves) in order to accommodate Rooney.

Then you get all the hype that come with him. Rooney @ 150k a week would be a good deal imo.

It may be unlikely, but the fact that Newcastle think they could get him show that Rooney no longer has the same options that were available to him a few years ago. Wherever he goes, he will need to take a pay cut.

Say we sell 8,000 of Our most expensive season tickets are £695.70 if we can get Rooney to half his wages I think we cover his wages for about 11 months we now just need to find a way to raise his transfer fee and cover him for another couple of years . Financially it's almost certainly a non runner in my opinion .

Ok when you put it like that!

Moyes, Heitinga and Fellaini all on massive wages, get rid of heits, felliani will prolly go and moyes is gone already, don't see why we couldn't afford his wages

Moyes was on 3 million a year, heitinga and fellaini close to that. Rooney according to forbes is on 13 million a year and would have to replace a defender, a manager and a midfielder by himself.

We pay everybody who works at the club (players, coaches, ground staff, cashiers, bartenders, marketers, salesmen etc) a combined total of 69 million a year.

Rooney by himself is on 13 million a year. That's Moyes, Baines, Heitinga, Fellaini, Jagielka and Howard's wages put together.

This thread is an embarrassment to this forum. Should be locked and removed immediately before RAWK copy and paste it for the world to laugh at

We pay everybody who works at the club (players, coaches, ground staff, cashiers, bartenders, marketers, salesmen etc) a combined total of 69 million a year.

Rooney by himself is on 13 million a year. That's Moyes, Baines, Heitinga, Fellaini, Jagielka and Howard's wages put together.

Do you think Rooney's next contract will see him on 13 million pound a year?

Do you think Rooney's next contract will see him on 13 million pound a year?

No and its quite clear when you take in to account the fact he doesn't look after himself as he should coupled with the fact that he has more or else peaked in respect of his footballing ability. He is still going to command cataclysmic wages when you compare them to the wedge Everton could hope to offer him in their wildest dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back