Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone know how benificial signing him could be for us??
Forget the quality of the lad on the pitch for a moment...

But I mean in terms of...
Global branding for the club
Sponsorship opportunity for us and him
Nike
Extra following of Rooney fans
Ect ect

Would it be benificial in terms of making us decent money and such...to counter the big fee??

But when you realize that you can not buy our kits anywhere except online, and at two stores in Liverpool, it waters this down. I know that there would be some amount of sales of a Rooney Everton kit if it were sold in the US, but alas, Everton kits can not be sold in any US store due to the Kitbag deal. Rooney is still possibly amongst the top 5 most popular players in the world (behind Beckham, Messi, Ronoldo), yet how would the current Kitbag deal help us capitalize on this.

Anyone know how benificial signing him could be for us??
Forget the quality of the lad on the pitch for a moment...

But I mean in terms of...
Global branding for the club
Sponsorship opportunity for us and him
Nike
Extra following of Rooney fans
Ect ect

Would it be benificial in terms of making us decent money and such...to counter the big fee??

A deal for Rooney would pay for itself in my opinion. Something like that announced now in tandem with a decent managerial appointment would shift another 7 or 8,000 season tickets.

A deal for Rooney would pay for itself in my opinion. Something like that announced now in tandem with a decent managerial appointment would shift another 7 or 8,000 season tickets.

As things stand (financially), I think the only realistic way Rooney could ever come back would be if he ran down his existing deal or when he's in his 30s.

Given that either him or united are pushing for a deal this summer, the chances of him running his current contract down are slim.

That leaves towards the end of his next contract (whoever that is with). I think he'll go down hill quickly post 30 (because of his body shape and his rumoured lifestyle) and I'd like to think that as a club we have outgrown a ginola/gascoigne type signing.

I just can't see it ever happening.

I agree mate, signing Rooney would bring in the cash and offset our investment in him.

He's a superstar!

Say we sell 8,000 of Our most expensive season tickets are £695.70 if we can get Rooney to half his wages I think we cover his wages for about 11 months we now just need to find a way to raise his transfer fee and cover him for another couple of years . Financially it's almost certainly a non runner in my opinion .

Ain't gonna happen. Give up on it.

Maybe (and more than likely) not but he definitely seems to be on his way out now judging by his body language and the fact that the fans have turned on him. As its well known that him and Colleen are homebirds and probably wont move out of the NW it leaves him with us, Man City and Liverpool as his options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back