Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not. It has been covered by player sales.

It's probably the reason for the 60m credit card. We needed to pay the clubs we bought from before the Lukaku money came in.

If we had of waited until after prices would have gone up and we would have been scrambling around trying to do deals.

So you're not happy with us improving our squad?

You seem like fun. Stick around

If lukaku goes we will be minus spend. Ross likely to go as well

Let's see what the spend is come the end of the window. Statement of intent nonsense coming from the club on the OS is completely false at the minute because the window is yet to shut and we won't know whether we will have a huge positive spend or negative

And if players come in, we will have a 'positive' net spend. Let's run through some facts since Moshiri has been here...Figures all taken from this site:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/everton-fc/transfers/verein/29

Total spent: £156.34m. Total received: £69.8m

Net spend: £86.54m (That does not include the millions paid to replace Martinez and bring in Koeman).

Summer transfer window so far:

Total spent: £83.31m. Total received: £18.11m

Net spend: £65.2m

'If Lukaku goes we will be minus spend' is a very convenient and selective way for you to try and win the argument. The 'net spend' debate will only be properly settled at the end of the window but your comment about the statement of intent being completely 'false at the minute' is factually incorrect as we have spent £65.2m more this window than we have received. Of course if Lukaku goes before we are able to bring in anyone else you will immediately jump in with the negative net spend comments, but equally others can do the same if/when we bring in more additions like Giroud, Sigurdsson etc. Ultimately both sides will have to wait until the window closes before either can claim to have been proven right over that.

Now on to a more relevant discussion...net spend is not the sole benchmark for success. I mentioned it in an earlier post but with Lukaku and the current team, even with a 25 goal a season striker at our disposal, did we threaten any of the top 6 at their grounds? The answer is a resounding no because we didn't win a single game against them away from home. The same goes for the season before and the season before that (the 'big 6'), all whilst we had Lukaku up front. Regardless of net spend the ambition from Moshiri is to improve the team overall and build for the future. He has set things in motion with that by replacing the last manager with a world renowned name from a side that came above us 2 seasons in a row. He then went and got a DOF from the Champions, wiped out £80m debt and has firmly put us on track to be playing in a World Class Stadium in an iconic location within our City.

We have identified young talent from other teams and have paid high prices for them to improve our team and provide squad depth. Koeman has looked to strengthen in key positions and consequently has brought in a £25m+ Goalkeeper, a £25m+ centre half, the captain of Ajax and a former Barcelona player who excelled in La Liga last season. That's the whole spine of the team boosted in early July with signings still to come.

And if players come in, we will have a 'positive' net spend. Let's run through some facts since Moshiri has been here...Figures all taken from this site:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/everton-fc/transfers/verein/29

Total spent: £156.34m. Total received: £69.8m

Net spend: £86.54m (That does not include the millions paid to replace Martinez and bring in Koeman).

Summer transfer window so far:

Total spent: £83.31m. Total received: £18.11m

Net spend: £65.2m

'If Lukaku goes we will be minus spend' is a very convenient and selective way for you to try and win the argument. The 'net spend' debate will only be properly settled at the end of the window but your comment about the statement of intent being completely 'false at the minute' is factually incorrect as we have spent £65.2m more this window than we have received. Of course if Lukaku goes before we are able to bring in anyone else you will immediately jump in with the negative net spend comments, but equally others can do the same if/when we bring in more additions like Giroud, Sigurdsson etc. Ultimately both sides will have to wait until the window closes before either can claim to have been proven right over that.

Now on to a more relevant discussion...net spend is not the sole benchmark for success. I mentioned it in an earlier post but with Lukaku and the current team, even with a 25 goal a season striker at our disposal, did we threaten any of the top 6 at their grounds? The answer is a resounding no because we didn't win a single game against them away from home. The same goes for the season before and the season before that (the 'big 6'), all whilst we had Lukaku up front. Regardless of net spend the ambition from Moshiri is to improve the team overall and build for the future. He has set things in motion with that by replacing the last manager with a world renowned name from a side that came above us 2 seasons in a row. He then went and got a DOF from the Champions, wiped out £80m debt and has firmly put us on track to be playing in a World Class Stadium in an iconic location within our City.

We have identified young talent from other teams and have paid high prices for them to improve our team and provide squad depth. Koeman has looked to strengthen in key positions and consequently has brought in a £25m+ Goalkeeper, a £25m+ centre half, the captain of Ajax and a former Barcelona player who excelled in La Liga last season. That's the whole spine of the team boosted in early July with signings still to come.

I've not said we won't be positive or negative net spend

My point is the club are saying we've made a statement of intent. Well that's surely not true until the end of the window when we know if we have a positive or negative net spend? It's very convinient for them to say that now before lukaku goes

My point is the club are saying we've made a statement of intent. Well that's surely not true until the end of the window when we know if we have a positive or negative net spend? It's very convinient for them to say that now before lukaku goes

football-goal-dollies-[3]-736-p.jpg

Man Utd pat our heads and tickle our bellies, we roll over and give them the leagues (arguably Europe's) best striker for a pittance.
NHC
Hahaha Lukaku is good but he is nowhere near the best in the league or Europe. He rolled over with a whimper and gave Harry Kane the golden boot this season.

You didn't even read the post this related to, did you?

Net spend is a largely irrelevant measure that some folk stuck in the dark ages have seized on. If that's all you want to base success or failure on, then I hope you're happy in your cave.

Seamus Coleman - £50k
Oumar Niasse - £13.5m

Which of these players contributes more to net spend?

I'm not. It has been covered by player sales.

It's probably the reason for the 60m credit card. We needed to pay the clubs we bought from before the Lukaku money came in.

If we had of waited until after prices would have gone up and we would have been scrambling around trying to do deals.

We have shipped out ALOT of players over the last couple of windows and either not replaced or brought in kids on relatively lower wages.

I doubt our wage bill has changed.

Where has it been explained? All I have read is that the council are going to fund the infrastructure but the build is up to us.

This has got to be a wind up. Hilarious. Guess the multi...

Are you 14? Yet...?

Something I pondered last night before bed.

Pre-Mosh

Howard
3m
Coleman - Stones - Mori - Baines
60k ---- 3m ---- 9m ---- 6m
Barry - McCarthy
0 ------- 13m
Geri -- Barks -- TheClev
4.5m -----0-------- 0
Ratuku
28m

Total 1st team cost 66.560m

Mosh Era

Pickford
30m
Coleman -- Keane -- Williams -- Baines
60k ---- 30m ---- 12m ---- 6m
Morgan
24m
Klaassen -- Gana
24m ----- 7m
Henry -- Sandro -- Bolasie
7m ----- 5.2m ------ 25m

Total projected 1st team cost 170.260m
Who says sell to buy is a bad model?

Something I pondered last night before bed.

Pre-Mosh

Howard
3m
Coleman - Stones - Mori - Baines
60k ---- 3m ---- 9m ---- 6m
Barry - McCarthy
0 ------- 13m
Geri -- Barks -- TheClev
4.5m -----0-------- 0
Ratuku
28m

Total 1st team cost 66.560m

Mosh Era

Pickford
30m
Coleman -- Keane -- Williams -- Baines
60k ---- 30m ---- 12m ---- 6m
Morgan
24m
Klaassen -- Gana
24m ----- 7m
Henry -- Sandro -- Bolasie
7m ----- 5.2m ------ 25m

Total projected 1st team cost 170.260m
Who says sell to buy is a bad model?

Missing Morata, blud...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back