Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone getting proper stressed. Are you really that arsed?

We will never get top four anyway until we have serious money to spend. 100m is nothing these days, we are always too late

Things have changed though. For the first time in almost living memory, we are in a situation where we can be were many other leading clubs have been for a long time.
I ask the question. Do we REALLY need players?
The answer is, of course we do. But not just for the sake of buying players. After all, look what spending hundreds of millions trying to buy the dream has done to that gang of pond-life from across the park. Jeez, if their IQ was any lower they would need to be watered, and we sure don't want to end up or even be categorised with them.
Clubs/players/agents are doing precisely what we are doing with Rom and Stones i.e. not wanting to sell.
The difference being this time is that WE have some unbelievable young talent waiting to be given a chance in the first team. These youngsters are, in my opinion, the finest collection of youth players seen at our club since the heady days days of Harvey, Hurst, Wright etc in the mid to late sixties, and were labelled, sic, The Go-Go-Go-Golden Boys Of Goodison (That was the sixties for you).
These youngsters have more than replaced some of the recently released 'old guard', and without any new additions have placed the club in a far stronger position than it was at the end of the season just finished. That. plus a manager who knows what the requirements of the job are, and with the capability to deliver.
The current squad, plus these new boys, has given the club a feelgood factor of experience and youth not felt since those days. and we all know what happened then.
Great team. Great ground (impending). Great manager. Great expectations. Greatness. And this time around we won't have that shower from The Onion Patch gatecrashing our road to glory.
To my mind, apart from a couple of key additions which are essential, things have not been this good since then.
I expect we will make the necessary important signings, which may surprise/annoy some, and will do more business in January, which may surprise/delight many.
This will then become our new 'Nothing Has Changed'.

BRING IT ON!

Everyone getting proper stressed.

Baffles me, that. For me this is the least stressful summer for years. We got a director of football who knows what he's doing. We've got a ton of money to spend, and there can surely no doubt at all that we will be spending some serious dosh. Why fret about the Spurs game, that will take care of itself. We're at the start of a new era at Everton Football Club, with a new owner and a new manager, let's give them the time to make the right decisions with the bigger goals in mind, of turning us into a team that can start winning trophies again.

We'll get a new keeper before the start of the season because we have to.

We'll have half a dozen possibilities lined up as possible replacements for Stones.

We'll do what it takes to keep Lukaku, and I feel sure we'll bring in another striker before the end of the transfer window.

We've been linked with several top midfielders, looks like we won't be having to rely so much on Barkley, Barry and McCarthy next season, I'd have liked to have seen Arnautovic as well, but it's good that we're looking for attacking left wingers.

Koeman is already working on the team's fitness and getting more out of the players, and we've got several great young players knocking on the door of the first XI.

What's there to stress about ??

Too many people want instant success.... We've been in the mire for 20 years ! ( relatively ..... many clubs would be happy to be us! ) I've said it in other threads...we won't turn it around in one transfer window.....
New manager / DOF / potential movement in the stadium and a squad that made 2 semis and finished mid table despite putting their tools down and being managed by a complete buffoon last season.
We will add a couple / first teamers will play better / youth pushing to get in..... Hopefully Europe next year to give us a platform to upgrade the squad. Everyone should take a deep breath , let's see where we are at Sept 1 after a couple of matches and this window closes. COYB

Think what is changing is all the things that are not exactly visible and a quick impact on the field... at least yet.

• Training facility improved
  • Focus on academy and recriutment of top young talents
  • New visionary people i top management
  • Sporting director
  • Appearently a more committed focus on a new ground
Not sure we are improved on the field and the team is as good and talented as some put it out... Arteta, Cahill and more or less any "Moyes central defence" would in my eyes lift the team a lot... Lukaku is different class and the fullbacks but rest is not improved...

Think we need at least 4 quality signings (Keeper, central defender, holding midfielder and backup striker)

It's all good (in the hood:))!!! Rome wasn't built in a day (even though I heard it burnt down in a day:p). I am as impatient as the next Evertonian, but I think that once we get the first major signing over the line, there will be more to follow.....almost like the London buses...you wait for ages, and then suddenly 2 or 3 come along at the same time:D

I was extremely optimistic but I'm starting to worry. What has exactly changed? Again the council have paid for finch farm being done up, signed nobody and selling a prized asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back