Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just relieved to see moshiri is continuing the Everton way and not getting us excited before season starts ..imagine how awful deadline day would be without being able to hit f5 every 20 seconds if we did are business before August began

Still assessing his full squad. Everyone back this week?? If so, he will know exactly what he wants and where he needs to strengthen immediately. They will come. Within the next couple of weeks. Of that I am sure.

I can never understand the panic at this stage of the preseason. I t is like having a meltdown on the 30th November because the Christmas shopping isn't done.

The manager is assessing his squad. It is obvious that we have bids in for players, but it would seem that because they are in demand and have plenty of options they are proving more difficult to get across the line.
The signings will come and I expect we will see additions this week.
I have said this before , but, I think we will be active at the very end of the window when the manager has had longer in chage, Steve Walsh will have settled and players will have been seen in competitive action.
I agree except I don't think it is proving difficult getting them over the line.
I think the new Everton will get exactly who they want.

Koeman need some time to watch the current squad and decide which positions need to strength. So I am sure all the decision will be made after Germany tour.
Be patient lads.

Arnautovic now. Oh dear. Deadline day predictions:

Stones to City with one of their rejects in (Bony)
Lukaku to Chelsea
Arnautovic in and someone else on loan
Phantom bids all over the place
"Too late in the window to spend the money guys, thanks for the ST sales though!"

It's shaping up to be be one of our all time classic transfer windows

It's a sellers market and quality players and their clubs will be in no rush to do deals if it means they can maximise the cash they get.

Mix that in with the step increase in TV cash, our new found wealth, and extensive internal change arising from a new investor then it should come as no surprise the relatively slow progress some people are getting upset with.

Just try and relax; we still have over 5 weeks to go until the window shuts and I'll be very surprised if we're finished in our dealings before the season starts.

At the moment we have a better management structure, have got rid of the poor manager and replaced him with a sought after quality one and also have got a DOF in which is all good stuff.

With regards to new additions, suppose we will have to see if it was lots of talk and very little substance.

We're on the 'transfer merry-go-round' with Stones and Lukaku - what happens with them determines what we need and how much we've got to spend, plus who might be available may be determined by the same principle. Nothing wrong with taking time to assess what we've got - for example, one issue for me is whether McCarthy or Besic can step up and start running games or do we need to sign a dominant DM?

Hype, hype, some excuses, followed by a bit more hype and a plea to be patient. Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back