Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many negative fans on here and I suspect a few Kopites on the wind up. People choose to focus solely on the negatives, it's a bit pathetic really.

I'd say things have changed personally, we just need to be patient. Obviously it's not ideal that going in to the first week of the season we haven't strengthened significantly but that's the reality of it. In the coming weeks we will bring players in who will strengthen the squad. In Martinez' first season we brought in Lukaku and McCarthy late on in the window and we did well then.

A question I would ask to all those who think we're in a mess is this... If we were lacking ambition and Moshiri was a fraud who was unwilling to spend any money, would Anderson have changed his tune regarding the stadium and say that we are close to agreeing a new location? Would Koeman have sacked off Southampton when they came 3 points off the top 4 for 11th placed Everton? Would Walsh have left the Champions to come and get involved here?

I do understand some of the frustrations but all the hysterics are well over the top in my opinion. We still have some very good players in our team. If we strengthen in about 3 areas, which we are clearly looking to do, and we keep Lukaku, then I don't think a return to the top 7 is too outrageous a shout. Next season is about getting ourselves back up where we were before Martinez put us in mid table. After that we will see bigger name signings and a new stadium on the horizon and our club will be viewed differently by our own fans, other fans, the media as well as potential new signings.

Of course that could all be a false dream, but that's what I am expecting. There are a lot of If's involved in the arguments from those who are panicking as well.

So many negative fans on here and I suspect a few Kopites on the wind up. People choose to focus solely on the negatives, it's a bit pathetic really.

I'd say things have changed personally, we just need to be patient. Obviously it's not ideal that going in to the first week of the season we haven't strengthened significantly but that's the reality of it. In the coming weeks we will bring players in who will strengthen the squad. In Martinez' first season we brought in Lukaku and McCarthy late on in the window and we did well then.

A question I would ask to all those who think we're in a mess is this... If we were lacking ambition and Moshiri was a fraud who was unwilling to spend any money, would Anderson have changed his tune regarding the stadium and say that we are close to agreeing a new location? Would Koeman have sacked off Southampton when they came 3 points off the top 4 for 11th placed Everton? Would Walsh have left the Champions to come and get involved here?

I do understand some of the frustrations but all the hysterics are well over the top in my opinion. We still have some very good players in our team. If we strengthen in about 3 areas, which we are clearly looking to do, and we keep Lukaku, then I don't think a return to the top 7 is too outrageous a shout. Next season is about getting ourselves back up where we were before Martinez put us in mid table. After that we will see bigger name signings and a new stadium on the horizon and our club will be viewed differently by our own fans, other fans, the media as well as potential new signings.

Of course that could all be a false dream, but that's what I am expecting. There are a lot of If's involved in the arguments from those who are panicking as well.

Mercenaries mate, just a shame they don't know any mercenary players to join with them.

Sapie is the man....any chance of this weeks euromillions number in a few weeks.

To all thinking a man with 1.3 billion pounds is going to spend most of it on a football club are deluded,it was never going to happen,most of his wealth is in holdings and investments.And as he's an accountant throwing most of your wealth which isn't alot in today's football is financial stupidity,he is no Abramovich Mansour or Qatari royal family.

And with that 1.3 billion wealth he's ranked about the 12th richest owner in the league full of richer billionaires.

Abramovich since 2004 years has spent over a billion pounds on Chelsea on transfer fees and he's bankrolling another 500 million on rebuilding Stamford bridge,and he is worth about 6 billion pounds right now even after that outlay.

Sheikh Mansour individually worth 20 billion pounds and his family as a whole is worth 2 trillion dollars plus.

Moshiri is small fry compared to them,plus the revenues at 120 million pounds are a hindrance trying to elevate a club to be consistant challengers home and abroad especially in the day of FFP regualtions,an old stadium with limited match day revenues and laughable commercial revenues (kitbag deal shows what a joke the commercial Dept is) are holding the club from moving forward.

Isn't Anderson up for re election ;),regarding the stadium they will be one but it will be in 2026 the day after the commonwealth games has finished and they hand over ownership of said stadium,then it will take 2 years to get rid of the running track and bring the stands in closer...so 2028 will be the new stadium.

don't talk sense, you'll frighten the poor dears

MOSHIRI OUT FRAUD GET MOYES IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back