Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hang fire ffs - there's still two months for Moshiri to sell Lukaku/Barkley and have the famous negative net spend.

Gloat in September.

Why do you care about negative net spend?

It means nothing, Atl Madrid sell their best players every other year and pick up a few cheaper ones and go again. It's about having a stronger squad which negative net spend or not, I believe we have had since the new keener has come in. Just enjoy it.

Not really. I am counting players we have signed, apparently, contracts on the table for two others, and the fact we have received £8m in fees for Cleverly.

You are making wild assumptions, (which might pan out, sure).

It seems we have committed £72m in fees. Today. And assuming 5 year deals for Ross and Rom, committed another £63m over the term of those deals.

So, if tomorrow, those contracts are signed. Thats circa £130m. Minus Cleverly, of course.
That figure is premised on Barkley and Lukaku staying - highly unlikely.

I cant see the issue here: to believe things indeed 'have changed' on the basis of buying a couple of layers on the strength of the Lukaku cash is premature to say the least.

Why do you care about negative net spend?

It means nothing, Atl Madrid sell their best players every other year and pick up a few cheaper ones and go again. It's about having a stronger squad which negative net spend or not, I believe we have had since the new keener has come in. Just enjoy it.

It matters because it would mean 'nothing has changed' - it could be argued we improved squads consistently under Moyes/Kenwright without spending a penny. It doesn't mean it's ideal.

A good spend indicates ambition and sends a statement. 'Sell to buy' indicates treading water.

So, personally, I'll be waiting for September to see if this thread is incorrect.

That figure is premised on Barkley and Lukaku staying - highly unlikely.

I cant see the issue here: to believe things indeed 'have changed' on the basis of buying a couple of layers on the strength of the Lukaku cash is premature to say the least.

Oh for heavens sake. Buying players the club have clearly defined as targets - regardless of your opinion of them - might just suggest that there is a plan and it is being activated.

Clearly you know better than the club, but actually i trust them more than you.

When will you understand it is the overall impact of SQUAD than net spend. You are a deluded chuffwit if you don't get this at all, even if you don t like the individual players or the fact that our star player wants to leave and our biggest return is to sell him now..

Based on stats we have massively improved our team today with this klaassen signing. We wanted a goal scoring midfielder who can create chances to play in a forward role to stop being so reliant on strikers to score. something we've sorely lacked in the last few years.

The fact we've a) decided we want him, b) bid an amount the selling club was happy with, with no fuss and before pre season c) managed to convince him to come here definitely shows progress to me regardless of spend and who leaves or stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back