Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone else is claiming this is the summer of massive spending and we've arrived then that should be countered or there's going to be a massive let down.

...maybe, but that looks pretty light considering fees like £30M for a GK with 22 PL games under their belt are being agreed.

Christ mate. Make your mind up.

When we talk about net spend, are the commercial deals,gate receipts, additional TVs earnings of each club not taken into consideration, or is that income purely for lawn mowers?

Do me a favour: go and look at the PL net spend transfer league over the last 5 to 10 seasons and tell me who's in the top five...I guarantee you you wont come back without all the usual clubs who win the trophies and fill CL spots.

Spurs net spend was £1m over the last 5 seasons iirc.

Furthermore, it doesn’t matter on the net spend, as long as we spend and improve the team. There’s not a chance we’re spending more than £200m total if we get that £175m you state.

Spurs net spend was £1m over the last 5 seasons iirc.

Furthermore, it doesn’t matter on the net spend, as long as we spend and improve the team. There’s not a chance we’re spending more than £200m total if we get that £175m you state.
It does matter over time: we'll just end up with good players going and good players coming in. That = status quo unless you have a manager who can work utter miracles with the cash. I'm afraid ours isn't that manager. Not saying he's appalling, just saying he's also a waster.

Both Chelsea and Man City when purchased by their mega rich owners won the league either in their first season or the very next.

If that's confusing too you why do you bring up the net spend of the top 5 teams then?

Its obvious the more talent you spend your money on the better your position will be.

How much you spend depends on your scouts and management at finding the right players and then being able to bring them in etc...

Because, today, if EFC twitter is to believed, we have broken the UK record for a goalie, and agreed terms with 2 other players, circa £42m.

So £72m, in one day.

Before the window is actually open.

With £240pw of contracts on the table for Ross and Rom.

Funded, so far, by Cleverly.

Wake up mate.
We were talking about net spend. You're counting players in this week and telling me let's leave it at that.

You can only have 25 players over 21 years old, plus the financial fair play. So you have to sell to buy. Even the biggest clubs sell players. Just so happens that Lukaku wants to go. Tbh if you have a low or even negative spend and you bring in the right players, it's very good business.

Because, today, if EFC twitter is to believed, we have broken the UK record for a goalie, and agreed terms with 2 other players, circa £42m.

So £72m, in one day.

Before the window is actually open.

With £240pw of contracts on the table for Ross and Rom.

Funded, so far, by Cleverly.

Wake up mate.
I remember spurs going on a massive spending spree prior to selling bale.

The fans are being conned as they've been constantly conned for the last 25 years.

We were talking about net spend. You're counting players in this week and telling me let's leave it at that.

Not really. I am counting players we have signed, apparently, contracts on the table for two others, and the fact we have received £8m in fees for Cleverly.

You are making wild assumptions, (which might pan out, sure).

It seems we have committed £72m in fees. Today. And assuming 5 year deals for Ross and Rom, committed another £63m over the term of those deals.

So, if tomorrow, those contracts are signed. Thats circa £130m. Minus Cleverly, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back