Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley + Lukaku + McCarthy + Deulofeu = £150M - £160M.

We have a bit to go out and spend yet before this becomes close to becoming a net spend summer.

This is still a recycling job with no investment from the club's major owners.
A recycling job which may give us better rewards, only time will tell, but if so it's great business.

Am I wrong, or even likely to be?

You are obsessed with this net spend BS. Who cares? Lukaku wants out as does Barkley. Nothing that can be done about that. So if the club happens to balance spending on the income from their sale then so be it.

If they bring in players to shore up gaps and we improve then great!!

Again we get it you don't like our new owner and our manager. Message received. You are a broken record Dave.

You are obsessed with this net spend BS. Who cares? Lukaku wants out as does Barkley. Nothing that can be done about that. So if the club happens to balance spending on the income from their sale then so be it.

If they bring in players to shore up gaps and we improve then great!!

Again we get it you don't like our new owner and our manager. Message received. You are a broken record Dave.

Do me a favour: go and look at the PL net spend transfer league over the last 5 to 10 seasons and tell me who's in the top five...I guarantee you you wont come back without all the usual clubs who win the trophies and fill CL spots.

Do me a favour: go and look at the PL net spend transfer league over the last 5 to 10 seasons and tell me who's in the top five...I guarantee you you wont come back without all the usual clubs who win the trophies and fill CL spots.

How about you bold the entire sentence. The BS is your obsession, not the fact that having a billionaire who can effectively buy us a title with spending can be a good thing. That's an obvious fact.

Of course those teams are top of the league and winnings when they purchase the best players around.

But you are again obsessed with being proven right that our owner is poor and we will never succeed.

The fact we are taking advantage of players wanting out to then spend the proceeds shouldn't be a concern. The concern is why they wanted to leave in the first place but sometimes it is what it is with greedy footballers.

Ok, I would like to take issue regarding the 175m we are going to get for selling Lukaku, Ross and others, can I bother you for a breakdown of these sums.

Lukaku £85-90M
Barkley £35M
McCarthy £15M
Deulofeu £12M
Niasse £10M
McGeady £4M

...about £160M-£165M

How about you bold the entire sentence. The BS is your obsession, not the fact that having a billionaire who can effectively buy us a title with spending can be a good thing. That's an obvious fact.

Of course those teams are top of the league and winnings when they purchase the best players around.

But you are again obsessed with being proven right that our owner is poor and we will never succeed.

The fact we are taking advantage of players wanting out to then spend the proceeds shouldn't be a concern. The concern is why they wanted to leave in the first place but sometimes it is what it is with greedy footballers.

What?

Barkley + Lukaku + McCarthy + Deulofeu = £150M - £160M.

We have a bit to go out and spend yet before this becomes close to becoming a net spend summer.

This is still a recycling job with no investment from the club's major owners.
Mate, have a day off.

We've started, in June, by breaking our transfer record (£30m) on the brightest young English GK, we've agreed terms with Ajax's EL cup finalist captain, with more prospective transfers apparently imminent.

That says to me a lot has changed.

Mate, have a day off.

We've started, in June, by breaking our transfer record (£30m) on the brightest young English GK, we've agreed terms with Ajax's EL cup finalist captain, with more prospective transfers apparently imminent.

We'll find out at the end of August.

What we can say even at this stage though is that we have a lot of money about to come in from player sales.

Have matters moved swiftly for once in a summer? Yes. That is t be welcomed. But the overall financial health of the club under new ownership will be determined once and for all after we know what's gone and what's come in and what the balance is.

Mate, have a day off.

Was chatting with my dad about the Pickford one today as we had both previously said we'd rather break the bank for Butland but it was the way we operated which felt like things were changing. As soon as we agreed a fee (in June for a start) we flew to Poland to carry out the medical and get the deal done immediately. No messing around, no trying to save a few quid, Koeman says he wants him, make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back