Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't have mate.

Don't worry lads, I would permit you to turn into geordies without putting up resistance for your soul.
Thanks mate
1278770539-magaye%20gueye.jpg

Guys for our next signing you should all gather outside Finch Farm with placards and loads of banter chants for your new FIFA hero.

Things have changed a lot for sure, unless your comparing to Newcastle in 1997 which is exactly what you are.

Guys for our next signing you should all gather outside Finch Farm with placards and loads of banter chants for your new FIFA hero.

Things have changed a lot for sure, unless your comparing to Newcastle in 1997 which is exactly what you are.
I share your sentiments. I follow Everton as I am a masochist and only want us signing lads from Ligue 2. Sod off with all this positivity.

Look at what we have that we didn't have last year instead of who doesn't want to be here:

Klaassen
Schneiderlin
Gana
Pickford
Bolaise (when he gets back)

Added to that we have found Davies, bought in some good pro's/for the future like Williams, Lookman, DCL. A few more signings including a decent forward and centre back and i think we can well cope without the want-aways.

It looks pretty obvious that we are spending the Lukaku and possibly Ross money now to avoid skewing the market and appeasing the fans.

Lukaku stayed last summer and it has the feeling of a gentleman's agreement. Moshiri possibly saying gives a year and we can prove that we can get into the CL if not we will let you go. Could be wrong but feels like it. The summer transfer mess clearly botched things up (or conspiracy theorist might say that it wasn't botched).

The Lukaku deal is probably done and dusted. The silence is deafening. Ross less so although I suspect that his agent has probably a good idea (TH).

If we sign nobody else and keep Rom and Ross we will probably be stronger (when Coleman and Bolasie are back full tilt).

If we lose Rom and Ross it's going to take a lot to make us stronger next year. I have not seen anything on the radar at the moment to suggest that it'll be the case.

I just hope that if we are spending the Lukaku/Ross money that we do a better job than Tottenham did after Bale

Ezekiel Fryers
Paulinho
Nacer Chadli
Roberto Soldado
Etienne Capoue
Vlad Chiriches
Christian Eriksen
Erik Lamela

They spent 100 million 4 years ago and that is much more than 100 million in today's transfer window.

Only Eriksen and Lamela (less so) have been a success and both had mixed first seasons.

I'm fine about being optimistic but there needs to be a bit of reality. Next year will be tough if we have a bunch of new players and we don't have an established goalscorer.

There's a reason that Koeman stated that whilst we would be stronger, it may not mean an improvement in league position.

If we buy another 4 or so players at the same level as Pickford and Klaassen our first team may not be better than last year, allowing them time to settle, although our squad may be. Another 4 players around the Klaassen and Pickford level would mean that we would have spent 150 million which may or may not be the Rom and Ross money.

I just hope that our recruitment is shrewd enough that, even if it is only the Rom and Ross money that is being spent, we are showing real signs of improvement and that we have players that will continue to develop so that the season after next we can really challenge. It took Spurs a while.

If we do sign a Sandro and he turns out to be fantastic we probably also have to be realistic that he is unlikely to have a Le Tissier level of love for a club. That's fine as long as we sell on our terms and in doing so strengthen. Same with Koeman. He'll not stick around but that's why Walsh is around.

Pains me to say it but at the moment Martinez should be given credit for getting Rom in. Without Rom we would have had a much tougher 3 years and whilst nobody sensible wants to see him leave at least we will get a big fat transfer fee. Ross is more problematic.

At the moment I don't think anybody can say definitively things have changed. If we sign Pickford, Klaassen, Sandro, Keane and a couple at that level and we then sell Rom then nothing has changed - we've simply spent the Rom money and strengthened some areas but are weaker up top.

If however we do that and make a marquee signing (not Rooney) then we can dream.

That figure is premised on Barkley and Lukaku staying - highly unlikely.

I cant see the issue here: to believe things indeed 'have changed' on the basis of buying a couple of layers on the strength of the Lukaku cash is premature to say the least.
And i thought we were all Everton supporters, not a bunch of frustrated has been accountants. Moshiri did not gain the wealth he has accumalated by chance

And i thought we were all Everton supporters, not a bunch of frustrated has been accountants. Moshiri did not gain the wealth he has accumalated by chance
He got it by hiding Usmanov's cash for him. He then was paid 5% of a steel company.

He is not a visionary. Dont kid yourself he is. He is there to make cash out of Everton and he wont give a flying one what he leaves behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back