Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got it by hiding Usmanov's cash for him. He then was paid 5% of a steel company.

He is not a visionary. Dont kid yourself he is. He is there to make cash out of Everton and he wont give a flying one what he leaves behind.
So that's the feel good factor over then, Thanks.

Lukaku and Barkley may well leave, but there is no way we would be spending this money if we couldn't afford to spend it without their sales. Lukaku in particular is on international duty and therefore is subject to the risk of serious, long term injury. No businessman at the level of Moshiri is going to take a gamble like that.

If the money we are spending was dependent on those players going we would be waiting for the money in the bank before spending it.
I was thinking similar yesterday. We're confident the Rom money's coming but not certain.
Why would we gamble, in particular overpay, to get things done early if we didn't have substantial net funds available if Rom's sale fell through?
Having been sceptical that Mosh intended to provide player funds I started to believe the hype.
Today provided a crystal clear explanation as to why we were so keen to make a statement yesterday. I'm now back to expecting a limited net spend come September. We'll see.

Lukaku stayed last summer and it has the feeling of a gentleman's agreement. Moshiri possibly saying gives a year and we can prove that we can get into the CL if not we will let you go. Could be wrong but feels like it. The summer transfer mess clearly botched things up (or conspiracy theorist might say that it wasn't botched).

I might.... Or I might not.... Don't mention the moon landings...

Agreed, I think the point could have been expressed as "the Titanic only wanted to travel in one way, regardless of what was in front of it or the likely result - it would not compromise its ideals. The Iceberg should have got out of its way and made allowances for the Titanic not having practiced corners"
Sorry, I was on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back