Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually just checked this. 2016/17 Net Spend was reported as £23m, in a year when we sold one player for £50m.

Previous 5 season average for Everton was £13.5
(http://www.transferleague.co.uk/pre...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons)

I think the fee for Stones was less more like £47.5 million ignore fees paid to agents etc one thing you can't ignore is that 15% of the fee or around £7.0 million went to Barnsley. That £23 million is more like £13.5 million

Did they have a billionaire?

Apparently we do.

That wasn't the point Dave and you know it
The point you were making was spending big

You really are the master of hop from one premise to another to defend your ever shifting logic
One day when you're a proper grown up you may lose the desperate need to be right all the time

That wasn't the point Dave and you know it
The point you were making was spending big

You really are the master of hop from one premise to another to defend your ever shifting logic
One day when you're a proper grown up you may lose the desperate need to be right all the time
What?

Hop from one premise to another? I've been saying for months that we need to gauge what happens this summer in terms of net spend in order to determine whether we have a game changing investor here or another Earl-like waste of space. Net spend is lock step with success in our league.

I'm consistent and I wont be blown off course by a couple of early signings that might suggest matters have changed.

Proof of the pudding will be end of August. We'll see then what sort of ambition this feller has.

What?

Hop from one premise to another? I've been saying for months that we need to gauge what happens this summer in terms of net spend in order to determine whether we have a game changing investor here or another Earl-like waste of space. Net spend is lock step with success in our league.

I'm consistent and I wont be blown off course by a couple of early signings that might suggest matters have changed.

Proof of the pudding will be end of August. We'll see then what sort of ambition this feller has.
Jesus, you are one unhappy man you. Unbelievable

Jesus, you are one unhappy man you. Unbelievable
Well done. Another fumer with no idea how to respond to a post other than to insult.

Have a go at putting your pov forward mate. You might like doing that better. Who knows.

I think the fee for Stones was less more like £47.5 million ignore fees paid to agents etc one thing you can't ignore is that 15% of the fee or around £7.0 million went to Barnsley. That £23 million is more like £13.5 million

I think that net figure contains the Barnsley money. But whatever if we get less money coming in from a sale then our net spend increases not decreases.

Im not missing the point mate, you are.

Generally speaking spending big brings you success. Recycling cash generally doesn't.

That's about the top and bottom of it. History tells us that.

@davek
This was your statement Dave .. nothing about the source of the spending just the volume of it

Your premise was spending big brings you success
Recycling cash does not

My response was a simple observation about Leeds United spending big and failing ... the source if the spending was not the premise just the volume

While we're at it ...

Leicester city had reasonable success recycling cash

Well done. Another fumer with no idea how to respond to a post other than to insult.

Have a go at putting your pov forward mate. You might like doing that better. Who knows.
What's the point mate. I've done that previously and you just brush it aside with your negative ways. You're a narccasist

@davek
This was your statement Dave .. nothing about the source of the spending just the volume of it

Recycling cash does not

My response was a simple observation about Leeds United spending big and failing ... the source if the spending was not the premise just the volume

While we're at it ...

Leicester also spent big last summer and it got them nowhere.
The argument has some serious flaws.

As for net spend it's a myth. It's not how much you spend it's how well you spend what you have and we should have quite a bit soon.

@davek

Recycling cash does not

While we're at it ...

You equated spending big with the glaringly obvious one instance when it proved disastrous.

My point was that we have a billionaire (apparently) to safeguard even against that eventuality, and that the general outcome is success if you keep spending.

An unassailable argument.

You equated spending big with the glaringly obvious one instance when it proved disastrous.

My point was that we have a billionaire (apparently) to safeguard even against that eventuality, and that the general outcome is success if you keep spending.

Well, yeah, sort of.

But currently, we are miles behind the monied clubs in terms of non TV revenue, improving, but still miles behind.

Like, if we stopped spending tomorrow, Ross and Rom signed/stayed, that would represent a decent commitment this window?

We are the biggest spenders in the League currently Dave.

:coffee::coffee:

Leicester also spent big last summer and it got them nowhere.
The argument has some serious flaws.

As for net spend it's a myth. It's not how much you spend it's how well you spend what you have and we should have quite a bit soon.

How is net spend 'a myth'?

upload_2017-6-18_16-42-17-png.37841

Well, yeah, sort of.

But currently, we are miles behind the monied clubs in terms of non TV revenue, improving, but still miles behind.

Like, if we stopped spending tomorrow, Ross and Rom signed/stayed, that would represent a decent commitment this window?
That would be a major step forward.

Do you think that will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back