Now we know we’ve no divine right to be in the top flight…

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we’re making it a bear pit, can we like play some death metal when the players come out or put some lions in cages in the opposition changerooms?

Also if the opposition keeper saves a penalty, have a trap door open up and swallow him.

We’re just too nice.

All this clique talk made me think of Ferris Bueller

@Mikey_Fitzgerald gets along with everybody. The plotters, the bed wetters, the wools, the tools, even the no lifers. They all think he’s a righteous dude.

…can we bring an end to the “bed wetter” shouts and just general complacency throughout some of the fan base going forwards please?

I think we can all agree that the supporters played a big part in us staying up

Maybe if Goodison had been a bear pit earlier on then it wouldn’t have gotten as tight and gone so close to the wire?

There were certain folk on here who were always quick to wave away any concerns and attacked supporters when they saw the rot sinking in a few seasons back and pointed it out

We’ve learnt just how fragile our Premier League status is

If we begin to struggle next season then let’s nip it in the bud early and attack it the right way from now on

I think itis the bigger picture, the same posters moan about every thing every week. It is exhausting and futile when we do not go down/Myko is decent/DCL is not "gone,finished,head been turned,gay/Signed Longstff and Shelvey/frank not up to the job/Coleman is finished/Iwobi a screwfix league player and all the other untrue bed wetter shouts that have been pumped out for ever. Football and its players are not a constant, there will be peaks and troughs, but these people see the truough and bleat about them non-stop, rarely admitting so when proved wrong or, thinking one sentence can make it all OK again.

I don't think I'd thought about relegation really since the 90s. There was a touch of it towards the end of Koeman, we were sinking fast, but the last few months has been a real eye opener. Perhaps we needed it? It just goes to show we can't take it for granted that we'll always be in the top flight - and I'll be honest that's something I have done for a few years.

We need a a brilliant summer transfer window, and it needs to start ASAP.
And the club as a whole needs to realise that 3 points in August is worth as much as 3 points in the penultimate match in May. We've thrown a whole load of points away this season with slow starts and errors but managed to get away with it at the very end. Despite our situation, Goodison's been superb the last few weeks, lets hope we can keep that spirit going.

You're right that we can't consistently have atmospheres like that, but I think we need to generally be more supportive, especially when games are tight and in the balance. We're all guilty of it, but taking a deep breath is better than shouting to sub someone off after they hit a poor pass out of play.
Completely agree.

Under Benitez we got hammered by Watford at home and under Frank we beat Chelsea at home, yet the personnel involved were the same… aside from the fact that we no longer had Digne or James when we played Chelsea under Frank.

Although Frank is a better motivator than Rafael, the big difference was the crowd.

Big Nev said the other day: never underestimate how effective the crowd can be in lifting players psychologically and helping them to give their all.

The 12th man aphorism is so very true. Remember what Howard Kendall said about the Street End sucking the ball into the net against Bayern?

I think everyone understands we have no divine right to stay in the PL, we just expect to when you pay top half money and they eventually showed that they could when they actually bothered.

We have decent players, just unbalanced, throw in the worst injury record in the league and a whole host of bad decisions by the refs and it can quickly become the nightmare it did.

…can we bring an end to the “bed wetter” shouts and just general complacency throughout some of the fan base going forwards please?

I think we can all agree that the supporters played a big part in us staying up

Maybe if Goodison had been a bear pit earlier on then it wouldn’t have gotten as tight and gone so close to the wire?

There were certain folk on here who were always quick to wave away any concerns and attacked supporters when they saw the rot sinking in a few seasons back and pointed it out

We’ve learnt just how fragile our Premier League status is

If we begin to struggle next season then let’s nip it in the bud early and attack it the right way from now on
I remember a bunch of lads predicting we defo be relegated after a friendly. Ended up safe with more football to play.

Eggs on thier faces.

I think most were saying we’d be lucky not to be relegated, which we were, so the only egg would be on the face of those who reacted to those genuine concerns with mockery

Who’d be silly enough to do that though…
Don't have me to get the vaults out again. It was flat out WE ARE GETTING RELEGATED.

You claim relegation based on a summer friendly away to united.. even if you end up relegated. You still deserve mockery at the time of doing it.

But alas we didn't get relegated.

Don't have me to get the vaults out again. It was flat out WE ARE GETTING RELEGATED.

You claim relegation based on a summer friendly away to united.. even if you end up relegated. You still deserve mockery at the time of doing it.

But alas we didn't get relegated.

Very few saying relegation is a cert there

Lot of concern we’d be in the mix, which we were in the end

Lot of those peeps called it

Very few saying relegation is a cert there
Will you stop using that against me.

Let it go

Status
Not open for further replies.