Now we know we’ve no divine right to be in the top flight…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure us to dip our toe in the bottom at the end.

Still cant believe we were 5 points adrift with 5 to play and didnt go.

I know what you mean, after Burnley beat us I thought that was our goose cooked. That said, it swung quite quickly with us beating Man U and Burnley loosing the next day to Norwich. After then I was quite sure we would stay up when looking at the run-ins, but yeah, horrifying that we had to slip into 18th going into a derby.

I would also say, how much more
did people enjoy supporting the team? Oppose to just moaning and groaning.

I appreciate this team doesn’t make it that easy. But I reckon people enjoyed getting behind them and not just whinge!!!

…can we bring an end to the “bed wetter” shouts and just general complacency throughout some of the fan base going forwards please?

I think we can all agree that the supporters played a big part in us staying up

Maybe if Goodison had been a bear pit earlier on then it wouldn’t have gotten as tight and gone so close to the wire?

There were certain folk on here who were always quick to wave away any concerns and attacked supporters when they saw the rot sinking in a few seasons back and pointed it out

We’ve learnt just how fragile our Premier League status is

If we begin to struggle next season then let’s nip it in the bud early and attack it the right way from now on
I'd happily bet on us having 20 more points next season if our fans can stay focussed on the big picture and show the amazing and admirable support they have of late throughout next season.
It will terrify opposition to come to Goodison as well as the away fans being so incredible, we may actually have a half decent record away too!

Sky Sports helpfully posted an alternative league table to make kopites feel better and pretend they’re the best however it does also point to how consistently we’ve been at the top table.

59013486-5736-4A78-9604-D98DC0910607.png

It was all self-inflicted - starting with the Benitez appointment.
1. His history
2. Not being particularly good (especially with bang average players which our recent years show we have been). We didn't have any Stevie Me's or Xavi Alonso's to get us out of any holes.
3. His falling out with everyone (Brands, Medical staff)

Injuries

Bad refereeing

Lack of transfer funds..

All we really had to do was appoint a half-decent manager to keep us safely in mid-table (or better) - that alone would have got us 5-6 places worth of prize money.

There has been genuine "bedwetting" on regular occasions in the last few years. Just because we were finally in an actual relegation battle this season doesnt change the picture that we hadnt been in one for 20yrs or so and you had people despairing about going down when we were only in november some seasons. It was silly and just because this horrific season happened doesnt change that IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.