Nuclear Weapons Good/Bad

• Good

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Green nuclear cheese on radiated toast

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
You said "No arms dealer is involved in nuclear weapons production". I've read it. It's what you actually said.

That's literally what you posted. I then read it. And then pointed out that arms dealers ARE involved in nuclear weapons production.

Your thing about buying fully complete nuclear weapons direct from an arms dealer is in reply to absolutely nobody claiming that you can. It's a strawman argument. You're arguing against a point nobody made to defend an inaccurate point you made by repeatedly stating something that is of no relevance. Nonsense such as asking where I'm going to buy a nuclear weapon from only underlines this.

@LostLegend stated that nuclear weaponry puts money into arms dealers. He didn't say you can buy a fully assembled and ready nuclear missile from an arms dealer. You refuted this by saying arms dealers aren't involved in nuclear weapons production - they clearly are.

Take your own advice. Read what was actually said.

I said:
"I'd like you to name one "arms dealer" front which you can buy either strategic or tactical nuclear weapons? (sic)"

You're not going to rock up at Lockheed Martin and demand two 4 Megaton H-Bombs are you?

Because they do not sell as an arms dealer those weapons. They're controlled by international treaty.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of what you said. I've quoted it numerous times and it doesn't stop being a combination of inaccuracy and irrelevance. Show where someone claimed they can buy a strategic or tactical nuclear weapon from an arms dealer and your point may have an iota of relevance.

You were replying to this....
Aside from being a truly awful human invention, the sheer amount of money we spend on maintaining and upgrading our Nuclear arsenal is gross.

The last time around, Boris Johnson decided to increase the number of warheads we have due to perceived threats fromChina and Russia.

The fact that we already likely have enough warheads to destroy the world a couple of times over, somehow we needed to spend multiple billions more on increasing this number, in the midst of a cost of living crisis, to what exactly? How does being able to destroy the world 3 times over rather than twice further ‘deter’ your supposed enemies?

Literally shovelling our economy into the pockets of arms dealers 😬

Tell me where in that post it says you can buy a strategic or tactical nuclear weapon from an arms dealer. I'll give you a clue, you can't. Hence your repeated point is strawman fallacy.

What you can take from that post is an assertion that the nuclear deterrent puts money directly into the pockets of arms dealers.

And it does - updating and maintaining nuclear weaponry is a hugely profitable activity for companies such as Lockheed Martin who as we have already agreed fit the dictionary definition you posted of arms dealers AND are directly involved in the research, production and sale of components specifically designed for the requirements of nuclear weaponry.

I'm well aware of what you said. I've quoted it numerous times and it doesn't stop being a combination of inaccuracy and irrelevance. Show where someone claimed they can buy a strategic or tactical nuclear weapon from an arms dealer and your point may have an iota of relevance.

Tell me where in that post it says you can buy a strategic or tactical nuclear weapon from an arms dealer. I'll give you a clue, you can't. Hence your repeated point is strawman fallacy.

What you can take from that post is an assertion that the nuclear deterrent puts money directly into the pockets of arms dealers.

And it does - updating and maintaining nuclear weaponry is a hugely profitable activity for companies such as Lockheed Martin who as we have already agreed fit the dictionary definition you posted of arms dealers AND are directly involved in the research, production and sale of components specifically designed for the requirements of nuclear weaponry.

They are not "arms dealers" in relation to nuclear weapons however, are they as they do not sell - nuclear weapons

You can try and deflect that as many times as you want but that was my point.

As for your other points about them, they manufacture conventional military equipment and technology for governments. Without them we would not have a military or the ability to counter authoritarian and aggressive regimes

Hence on the whole, they are a good thing. Within reason.

They are not "arms dealers" in relation to nuclear weapons however, are they as they do not sell - nuclear weapons

As for your other points about them, they manufacture conventional military equipment and technology for governments. Without them we would not have a military or the ability to counter authoritarian and aggressive regimes

1725811261459.jpeg

You are arguing with the Forums very own Donald Trump.

He claims to be a brilliant businessman.

He will always be right and everyone else is wrong.

Agressive tone to his posts.

A tendency to tell lies.

Wild conspiracy theories.

Issues with the opposite sex.

Please refer to him as Donald or Donnie moving forward.

Your arms dealer must be rubbish, I just got offered one but it was one of them North Korean ones so I told him to do one.

Wexed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back