Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Everton fans are no better than their Scouse counterparts.

I’ll put it bluntly. Nuno would not be interested in managing your lot.

It’s an aging squad, average ownership and a poor mans Fosun.

You’ve not get much to offer as a brand to make the club any bigger than it is.

And put it this way, considering our squad in the championship would arguably turn you over it’s hard to justify the ideology that Wolves owners won’t achieve their goal when you have the same one and have a weaker squad.

It shows the lack of common sense at your club when you spend £45m on Gylfi and we snap up Neves for £16m

Ironically looking at your team against ours we’ve got me Champions League experience.

Jota, Costa, Bonatini would run rings around your defence.

You’re defence is that woeful too you’re trying to snap up our reserve left back to take over from Baines which was past it about 3 years ago.

Good luck in your relegation scrap. You’re pretty use to them but you can’t win them all!

Maybe see you next year if you’re lucky.
Wolves were a good club (still are) when I was growing up (late 60's and 70's). I genuinely hope you get back up to the Prem again. You're on a good run at the moment. We clearly aren't. But please don't compare your club to ours mate. Just no comparison I'm afraid.

And put it this way, considering our squad in the championship would arguably turn you over it’s hard to justify the ideology that Wolves owners won’t achieve their goal when you have the same one and have a weaker squad.

It shows the lack of common sense at your club when you spend £45m on Gylfi and we snap up Neves for £16m

Ironically looking at your team against ours we’ve got me Champions League experience.

You’re defence is that woeful too you’re trying to snap up our reserve left back to take over from Baines which was past it about 3 years ago.

Good luck in your relegation scrap. You’re pretty use to them but you can’t win them all!

Right were scouse and they're not. ( well they have a couple ) so that's that.
And if you really think your all of a sudden over taking us as club because your top of a league BELOW your deluded. Btw there was loads of empty seats for your high flying side wasn't there? lol big club? Good fan base? Getting bigger than us? No no not yet Infact not EVER.

xcaH9yN.gif

“Money appears to have gone to their head.”

Everton fans July 2017.

Everybody knows we’re clearly a bigger club than Wolves. Even those that have popped up on this forum know it in their hearts and minds. How defensive some of the posts in this thread are seems a tad OTT and unnecessary.

Unfortunately I always get the impression when you have to constantly say you’re a big club it’s because you haven’t done squat in recent times. History only matters to each club’s respective fans. It was the same with Saints fans last year when we got Koeman- they’d just finished 5th/6th whilst we were floundering with Martinez. We know we’re a bigger club, but to them they couldn’t comprehend why Koeman would join us as as to them we were just on the same level, if not actually worse.

For every other fan looking in perception for them is reality. All other fans see right now is a team in the relegation zone with a poor squad an a reserve team manager. They don’t give a damn about anything else.

Our history is important to us. But when you start lecturing about history you sound very similar to fans of other clubs who we ridicule for this very thing. How nice would it be if when a fan from another club pipes up here we could turn round and say “we’re fighting for the top 4, top of our Europa league group and in the quarters for the league cup.” The past matters, but the present matters more.

Generalisations regarding history are subjective. However they are also a marker to the respect given by proper football people...not just those living only in the present....the existentialists if you like. Everton are frequently referred to in the quality media as a "proper football club" yet havent won anything for years... surely a nod to the successful history, tradition and fanbase - the heart of the club. Yes, the present is important but you don't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater and refrain from mentioning history as though its a dewy-eyed, rose tinted negative. I think being unable to say to the barbs of Wolves lurkers that "were fighting for the top 4 etc..." is merely on a par with saying to them "youre not even in the Premiership...so you cant possibly compare yourselves to us".

Right were scouse and they're not. ( well they have a couple ) so that's that.
And if you really think your all of a sudden over taking us as club because your top of a league BELOW your deluded. Btw there was loads of empty seats for your high flying side wasn't there? lol big club? Good fan base? Getting bigger than us? No no not yet Infact not EVER.

I think a quite simple comparison can be made when looking at both clubs since their best ever period overlapped with our worst in the 1950's and vice versa in the 1980s. Taking 6 seasons from 1953/54-1958/59, Wolves won 3 league titles and in one of those seasons 53/54, Everton played in the 2nd tier. Everton averaged 44,493 whilst Wolves averaged 36,360 and in that 6 year period Everton had a higher average attendance than Wolves in every single one of them. Our 44K average in the 2nd tier being only beaten by Wolves on one occasion in their entire History.

From 1983/84-1988/89 Everton won 2 League titles whilst Wolves dropped as low as 72nd in the English Football hierarchy. Again Everton averaged higher than Wolves in every single season with Wolves dropping to an embarrassing average low of 4,020 in 85/86 whilst in the 3rd tier, a level Everton have never fallen to. Wolves have only averaged a higher crowd than Everton on 5 occasions.

So they can bring up history and support if they'd like or if they deem that irrelevant we could always take the last full season both clubs have played where Everton finished 7th to Wolves 35th with almost double the average crowd that they got.

Will be interesting to see how they do though this season and if this Nuno is as good as they think he is. They're looking strong at the moment with Cardiff having lost today and a small gap has opened up at the top. One of the challenges they will face if he does bring them up is one of the bigger clubs coming and potentially taking him or any of these good players they have. The slightest hint of interest from one of the top 6 and their players will be off. It's something that Southampton have faced repeatedly since they came up and they have done very well to stay in the top 10 the last few seasons as a result.

Would be good to see one of the bigger traditional clubs from the Championship come up though like Wolves. Sheffield United and Derby are both well placed at the moment too, but not a big fan of Leeds so can't say I want them up.

Was thinking this myself. Twitter is filled with Wolves fans genuinely talking about how much bigger they’ll be than us in a couple of years and how they’re a far superior long term prospect. Astounding.

I would pay absolutely no attention to them. They're the Geordies of the West Midlands and are on another planet. Slightest whiff of being on the up and their fans have been known to boo their players at molineux if they're not ahead inside 20 minutes.

I think a quite simple comparison can be made when looking at both clubs since their best ever period overlapped with our worst in the 1950's and vice versa in the 1980s. Taking 6 seasons from 1953/54-1958/59, Wolves won 3 league titles and in one of those seasons 53/54, Everton played in the 2nd tier. Everton averaged 44,493 whilst Wolves averaged 36,360 and in that 6 year period Everton had a higher average attendance than Wolves in every single one of them. Our 44K average in the 2nd tier being only beaten by Wolves on one occasion in their entire History.

From 1983/84-1988/89 Everton won 2 League titles whilst Wolves dropped as low as 72nd in the English Football hierarchy. Again Everton averaged higher than Wolves in every single season with Wolves dropping to an embarrassing average low of 4,020 in 85/86 whilst in the 3rd tier, a level Everton have never fallen to. Wolves have only averaged a higher crowd than Everton on 5 occasions.

So they can bring up history and support if they'd like or if they deem that irrelevant we could always take the last full season both clubs have played where Everton finished 7th to Wolves 35th with almost double the average crowd that they got.

Will be interesting to see how they do though this season and if this Nuno is as good as they think he is. They're looking strong at the moment with Cardiff having lost today and a small gap has opened up at the top. One of the challenges they will face if he does bring them up is one of the bigger clubs coming and potentially taking him or any of these good players they have. The slightest hint of interest from one of the top 6 and their players will be off. It's something that Southampton have faced repeatedly since they came up and they have done very well to stay in the top 10 the last few seasons as a result.

Would be good to see one of the bigger traditional clubs from the Championship come up though like Wolves. Sheffield United and Derby are both well placed at the moment too, but not a big fan of Leeds so can't say I want them up.

They have a long proud history and were very successful postwar. My Dad was a season ticket holder from the 50s to the late 70s. It is fair to say they have had their ups and downs. But they have some truly bonkers support who actually think they are a big deal in the contemporary game. It's the Midlands I suspect - pollution and lead water pipes affects folk badly.

:p

Nuno Santo is at the right place right now to boost his CV and reputation. I would suspect that it will be far easier for him to keep the up momentum of success he's having at Wolves than to do what is required at Goodison; he would be well out of his depth. It would be career suicide for him. No doubt he realises this and is not letting pride cloud his judgement, like a lot of Manages would do... imho of course.

Good luck to Wolves, I really hope they can keep going and get promoted. One of my old-time favourite Clubs.

Please forgive some of the posts from some over the top fellow Wolves fans here....
Everton is an amazing club and I've always enjoyed games at Goodison with the fans close to the pitch and a good atmosphere at games.
Also you had my fellow Dane, Gravesen playing for you, which counts in your favour as well
It would be an absolute shame if a club like yours went down, I'm fact I'd hoped you'd push on, after last season and do even better.
God look with your next manager, hope you get somebody who can both move you up the table and play some decent footy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back