Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Everton fans are no better than their Scouse counterparts.

I’ll put it bluntly. Nuno would not be interested in managing your lot.

It’s an aging squad, average ownership and a poor mans Fosun.

You’ve not get much to offer as a brand to make the club any bigger than it is.

And put it this way, considering our squad in the championship would arguably turn you over it’s hard to justify the ideology that Wolves owners won’t achieve their goal when you have the same one and have a weaker squad.

It shows the lack of common sense at your club when you spend £45m on Gylfi and we snap up Neves for £16m

Ironically looking at your team against ours we’ve got me Champions League experience.

Jota, Costa, Bonatini would run rings around your defence.

You’re defence is that woeful too you’re trying to snap up our reserve left back to take over from Baines which was past it about 3 years ago.

Good luck in your relegation scrap. You’re pretty use to them but you can’t win them all!

Maybe see you next year if you’re lucky.

We ARE Scouse, knobby.

And put it this way, considering our squad in the championship would arguably turn you over it’s hard to justify the ideology that Wolves owners won’t achieve their goal when you have the same one and have a weaker squad.

It shows the lack of common sense at your club when you spend £45m on Gylfi and we snap up Neves for £16m

Ironically looking at your team against ours we’ve got me Champions League experience.

You’re defence is that woeful too you’re trying to snap up our reserve left back to take over from Baines which was past it about 3 years ago.

Good luck in your relegation scrap. You’re pretty use to them but you can’t win them all!

Mate you are in someone else's house, show some respect.We are Everton the fourth must successful club in English football, and we have also played more seasons of top flight football than anyone else.You are Wolves.A ramshackle bum of a club, who have been irrelevant since the 1950's.

Being at the top of the Championship (by 1 point) seems to have gone to your head a bit wolf.

All clubs go through tough and challenging periods. It doesn't make them any lesser or deserving of disrespect.

Perhaps it is a good time for a bit of perspective.

Everton FC Honours

English football champions (9) 1890–91, 1914–15, 1927–28, 1931–32, 1938–39, 1962–63, 1969–70, 1984–85, 1986–87.

Runners-Up (7) 1889–90, 1894–95, 1901–02, 1904–05, 1908–09, 1911–12, 1985–86.

FA Cup Winners (5) 1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995.

Runners-Up (8) 1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989, 2009.

Charity Shield Winners (9) 1928, 1932, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1995, Shared 1986.

League Cup Runners-Up (2) 1976–77, 1983–84.

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners (1) 1984–85.

Not bad is it. Everton are one of the most successful clubs in English Football and are very attractive to all Managers regardless of Manager notoriety or current club performance and they deserve the utmost respect for their achievements past and yet to come.

Cheers. ;)

Villa fan here. I find it hilarious how a lot of wolves fans are at the moment and to be fair it doesn't suit them. They think they are some kind of super club now who will soon be mixing it with englands and Europes elite. The arrogance and the looking down on clubs is laughable. I mean don't get me wrong they have every reason to get excited, but talk about believing their own hype. It's November with a load of games to go and they are that good they are only a few points separating them and 6th place. Nuno seems like he could go on to big things, but he's not ready yet. He's got a very exciting team at wolves who played us off the park the other week, but a lot of teams have done that to us in the championship.

I like wolves as a club and I'd certainly class them as a big club, but they are nowhere near as big as villa let alone Everton who historically are the 4th biggest club in England in my opinion. I know a lot of wolves fans and I've read a lot of stuff on forums and they really are getting dizzy on the hype. They should go up this season, but being a force in the prem? That's a tough nut to crack as many clubs have found out. Great forum by the way.

I've been lurking since you guys got linked to Nuno.

I'm not convinced you ever really were interested in nuno and it wasn't just agents playing games for your real targets to think you guys might have other options.

It's early days for us yet but the signs look good but we all know what football can be like! The thing is we haven't played or looked this good decades so a few people might be getting carried away a bit.

Anyway, I don't think Nuno would be the right man anyway as he'd want to overhaul completely how you play, which, given the league challenges might not be the best thing. It's boring, predictable but I just can't see past Allardyce for you guys - ensure your still in the league next season. A few teams have thought they're too big to be relegated and suffered for it, league points don't care about history.

Anyway, I hope you get the manager you want

I've been lurking since you guys got linked to Nuno.

I'm not convinced you ever really were interested in nuno and it wasn't just agents playing games for your real targets to think you guys might have other options.

It's early days for us yet but the signs look good but we all know what football can be like! The thing is we haven't played or looked this good decades so a few people might be getting carried away a bit.

Anyway, I don't think Nuno would be the right man anyway as he'd want to overhaul completely how you play, which, given the league challenges might not be the best thing. It's boring, predictable but I just can't see past Allardyce for you guys - ensure your still in the league next season. A few teams have thought they're too big to be relegated and suffered for it, league points don't care about history.

Anyway, I hope you get the manager you want

I think you’re probably right, but given the situation we find ourselves in, bringing in a manager without Premier League experience would be a big risk and I think Moshiri would likely only attempt that for one of the biggest names around, e.g Ancelotti, who would laugh at the idea of coming to Everton with us sat where we are.

Have to say, i’ve been surprised by a lot of the comments i’ve seen from Wolves fans this week and i’m sure your level headed supporters are looking on with utter embarrassment at some of the comments from your fans on here and on your forums about the two clubs. Digs about how we’re 'also rans' and haven’t really achieved anything to shout about. All this from a club that is sat a division below and has done very little of note for 60 years.

Our 7th placed finish last season has only been bettered by Wolves once in the last 37 years, and in the past 30, Wolves have only been in the top flight on 4 occasions. Wolves were playing in front of 4,000 in the 80's before dropping to the 4th tier. I couldn't imagine going on an Arsenal forum and talking down at them from our position, and we only finished 2 places below them last season and have been in the same division as them the longest out of any other club.

3-4,000 of us have been over in Lyon this week whilst Wolves were playing at Norwich in the 2nd tier. Wolves have no right to even begin to start lecturing clubs like Stoke and Swansea, let alone a top 7 club like ourselves. The problem Wolves have is that even if they achieve promotion, just managing to stay in the league would be an impressive achievement. The money appears to have well and truly gone to their head, now that they're bullying the likes of Burton Albion and Brentford. Will be a far tougher ask if they come up and have to attract players to compete with the Premier League's best.

Look mate, if you're going to come on board on our site you are welcome, feel free to give your opinion, but try to avoid telling outright lies and falsifications about the our club as it will get people's backs up and not lead to the spirit of debate we are after.

I will try to deal with your points 1 by 1.

1) He clearly would have some interest in managing us. People don't make a public enquiry (or more likely have his agent touting him to us) on the basis of no interest. He may not like the terms we offer, the longevity or may feel loyalty to Wolves, but he clearly has an interest. For Christ sake Ancelotti has name checked us and shown some interest, so to say a fella from the championship has no interest is just not true. In truth it is probably the wrong move for all parties. I am not sure he is either the right short term fit to keep us safe, nor has he shown the long term skill to get the job for a top 7 club in the PL. HE may rightly be thinking he could be sacked here in 18 months if he is half way up the league, while if the same was true at Wolves he'd probably be your most successful PL manager.

2) I have no idea where you get the ageing squad from? We have 5 lads in the under 21's and representation to every age group down to under 17 at England. The last game we played we had 6 infield players under 21, and thats without Tom Davies who is arguably the best teenager of the bunch. You are wholly wrong about your assessment of our squad, we have too little experience not too much, which would understandably put a manager off.

3) Again our brand is growing bigger and it is a criminally under utilised brand. We are football league founder, 9 time league champions, most golden boots, most top flight seasons, second longest stay in the top flight, PL ever present etc. Their is a wealth of history and tradition that only a small handful of clubs could utilise.
Likewise we currently have a options on a ground being built in a world renowned site that will be one of the biggest and best sports stadia in this country. Whether any of this potential get's fulfilled is hugely questionable, but the assertion "We have no way to grow our brand" is untrue, in all honesty its a falsification/lie.

4) Currently I fancy most teams would turn us over. However if we got back to playing well, our squad is significantly better than yours. You were involved in a relegation dogfight last season whereas we finished in the top 7 of the league above. This has not re-adjusted in a 3 month period to you overtaking us.

5) The Sigursson deal was a poor deal which we overpaid for (I said as much at the time). Neves looks an astute buy, but his stock had fallen. In truth we probably have 3 young central midfielders who are better prospects than him.

6) You have no got more champions league/European experience. I would bet Wayne Rooney has played more champions league games than every single player who's ever played for Wolves combined. We have the captains of the two finalists for last seasons Europa League. Such statements are irrelevant, but so is your straw man that your squads better due to a false assessment of more champions league experience.

7)See point 4. Our defence is poor, and it's no measure of quality to run rings around them currently. We looked at Jota, decided he wasn't good enough, so went to Wolves. Thats the pecking order.

8) When have we ever tried to sign anybody from Wolves to replace one of our first team players? This is another lie.

9) "Pretty used to relegation scraps" that is another lie. We have finished no power than 11th in the last 13 years. We finished in the top 7 (again) last year. I would imagine 11th would be your highest league position in decades?

Our lowest league position this millennium was 17th, where we were safe with 4 games to spare. One of them was away at your lot, I remember being in the away end looking at the sickened faces as you were in fact relegated that day. I really can't believe we (the side with record number of seasons in the top flight) are taking lessons of relegation fights from a side not in the top division, who have played about 3 seasons in 3 decades in the top flight. Get some perspective.

10) If you can get yourself into the top flight you'll see us. We may get to send you down again. If you keep doing well you might get promoted. Maybe one day you'll even get to finish above West Brom.

As a final point there seems to be nonsense abounding from Wolves about all the money you have. We can lay those games too. We have a billionaire owner. There is a BBC report coming out this week showing we are ostensibly backed by Russia's wealthiest man. Our offices are situated in one of the landmark buildings in Britain, purchased by a consortium worth over 50 billion. We also have a formal agreement/partnership with the biggest owned bank in the world, with untold cash reserves.

None of this matters a great deal as what matters in growing turnover and a brand over a long period of time to allow you to spend said copious amounts of money. In theory we blow you and just about every other team (aside from City) out of the water, but in practicality it is very difficult as the laws of the game now prevent that.

Nobody is in the least bit impressed, or concerned with the money you supposedly have, it is not insignificant in terms of trying to grow what is a small club who are championship/league 1 level to premier league level, and also largely insignificant compared to our own wealth.

Anyway this needs to be the axis by which you continue your discussions on the site. One of honesty, not of falsification, misinformation and lies. I await your thanks for correcting you.

Look mate, if you're going to come on board on our site you are welcome, feel free to give your opinion, but try to avoid telling outright lies and falsifications about the our club as it will get people's backs up and not lead to the spirit of debate we are after.

1) He clearly would have some interest in managing us. People don't make a public enquiry (or more likely have his agent touting him to us) on the basis of no interest. He may not like the terms we offer, the longevity or may feel loyalty to Wolves, but he clearly has an interest. For Christ sake Ancelotti has name checked us and shown some interest, so to say a fella from the championship has no interest is just not true. In truth it is probably the wrong move for all parties. I am not sure he is either the right short term fit to keep us safe, nor has he shown the long term skill to get the job for a top 7 club in the PL. HE may rightly be thinking he could be sacked here in 18 months if he is half way up the league, while if the same was true at Wolves he'd probably be your most successful PL manager.

2) I have no idea where you get the ageing squad from? We have 5 lads in the under 21's and representation to every age group down to under 17 at England. The last game we played we had 6 infield players under 21, and thats without Tom Davies who is arguably the best teenager of the bunch. You are wholly wrong about your assessment of our squad, we have too little experience not too much, which would understandably put a manager off.

3) Again our brand is growing bigger and it is a criminally under utilised brand. We are football league founder, 9 time league champions, most golden boots, most top flight seasons, second longest stay in the top flight, PL ever present etc. Their is a wealth of history and tradition that only a small handful of clubs could utilise.
Likewise we currently have a options on a ground being built in a world renowned site that will be one of the biggest and best sports stadia in this country. Whether any of this potential get's fulfilled is hugely questionable, but the assertion "We have no way to grow our brand" is untrue, in all honesty its a falsification/lie.

4) Currently I fancy most teams would turn us over. However if we got back to playing well, our squad is significantly better than yours. You were involved in a relegation dogfight last season whereas we finished in the top 7 of the league above. This has not re-adjusted in a 3 month period to you overtaking us.

5) The Sigursson deal was a poor deal which we overpaid for (I said as much at the time). Neves looks an astute buy, but his stock had fallen. In truth we probably have 3 young central midfielders who are better prospects than him.

6) You have no got more champions league/European experience. I would bet Wayne Rooney has played more champions league games than every single player who's ever played for Wolves combined. We have the captains of the two finalists for last seasons Europa League. Such statements are irrelevant, but so is your straw man that your squads better due to a false assessment of more champions league experience.

7)See point 4. Our defence is poor, and it's no measure of quality to run rings around them currently. We looked at Jota, decided he wasn't good enough, so went to Wolves. Thats the pecking order.

8) When have we ever tried to sign anybody from Wolves to replace one of our first team players? This is another lie.

9) "Pretty used to relegation scraps" that is another lie. We have finished no power than 11th in the last 13 years. We finished in the top 7 (again) last year. I would imagine 11th would be your highest league position in decades?

Our lowest league position this millennium was 17th, where we were safe with 4 games to spare. One of them was away at your lot, I remember being in the away end looking at the sickened faces as you were in fact relegated that day. I really can't believe we (the side with record number of seasons in the top flight) are taking lessons of relegation fights from a side not in the top division, who have played about 3 seasons in 3 decades in the top flight. Get some perspective.

10) If you can get yourself into the top flight you'll see us. We may get to send you down again. If you keep doing well you might get promoted. Maybe one day you'll even get to finish above West Brom.

As a final point there seems to be nonsense abounding from Wolves about all the money you have. We can lay those games too. We have a billionaire owner. There is a BBC report coming out this week showing we are ostensibly backed by Russia's wealthiest man. Our offices are situated in one of the landmark buildings in Britain, purchased by a consortium worth over 50 billion. We also have a formal agreement/partnership with the biggest owned bank in the world, with untold cash reserves.

None of this matters a great deal as what matters in growing turnover and a brand over a long period of time to allow you to spend said copious amounts of money. In theory we blow you and just about every other team (aside from City) out of the water, but in practicality it is very difficult as the laws of the game now prevent that.

Nobody is in the least bit impressed, or concerned with the money you supposedly have, it is not insignificant in terms of trying to grow what is a small club who are championship/league 1 level to premier league level, and also largely insignificant compared to our own wealth.

Anyway this needs to be the axis by which you continue your discussions on the site. One of honesty, not of falsification, misinformation and lies. I await your thanks for correcting you.
Well done sir!!!!

Wolves first have to get the better of Cardiff etc. before they can take a pop at us. They will find the exact same issue as many before, how can you get the best players outside of the CL and any decent players you do get from being snapped up by the top clubs, rinse and repeat.

Aston Villa are the biggest club in that area and If Villa struggle to do that, Wolves definitely will too.

They seem to have a decent manager so let's see what he can do. Best of luck to them and we will see where we both are in 5 years time.

I think you’re probably right, but given the situation we find ourselves in, bringing in a manager without Premier League experience would be a big risk and I think Moshiri would likely only attempt that for one of the biggest names around, e.g Ancelotti, who would laugh at the idea of coming to Everton with us sat where we are.

Have to say, i’ve been surprised by a lot of the comments i’ve seen from Wolves fans this week and i’m sure your level headed supporters are looking on with utter embarrassment at some of the comments from your fans on here and on your forums about the two clubs. Digs about how we’re 'also rans' and haven’t really achieved anything to shout about. All this from a club that is sat a division below and has done very little of note for 60 years.

Our 7th placed finish last season has only been bettered by Wolves once in the last 37 years, and in the past 30, Wolves have only been in the top flight on 4 occasions. Wolves were playing in front of 4,000 in the 80's before dropping to the 4th tier. I couldn't imagine going on an Arsenal forum and talking down at them from our position, and we only finished 2 places below them last season and have been in the same division as them the longest out of any other club.

3-4,000 of us have been over in Lyon this week whilst Wolves were playing at Norwich in the 2nd tier. Wolves have no right to even begin to start lecturing clubs like Stoke and Swansea, let alone a top 7 club like ourselves. The problem Wolves have is that even if they achieve promotion, just managing to stay in the league would be an impressive achievement. The money appears to have well and truly gone to their head, now that they're bullying the likes of Burton Albion and Brentford. Will be a far tougher ask if they come up and have to attract players to compete with the Premier League's best.

“Money appears to have gone to their head.”

Everton fans July 2017.

Everybody knows we’re clearly a bigger club than Wolves. Even those that have popped up on this forum know it in their hearts and minds. How defensive some of the posts in this thread are seems a tad OTT and unnecessary.

Unfortunately I always get the impression when you have to constantly say you’re a big club it’s because you haven’t done squat in recent times. History only matters to each club’s respective fans. It was the same with Saints fans last year when we got Koeman- they’d just finished 5th/6th whilst we were floundering with Martinez. We know we’re a bigger club, but to them they couldn’t comprehend why Koeman would join us as as to them we were just on the same level, if not actually worse.

For every other fan looking in perception for them is reality. All other fans see right now is a team in the relegation zone with a poor squad an a reserve team manager. They don’t give a damn about anything else.

Our history is important to us. But when you start lecturing about history you sound very similar to fans of other clubs who we ridicule for this very thing. How nice would it be if when a fan from another club pipes up here we could turn round and say “we’re fighting for the top 4, top of our Europa league group and in the quarters for the league cup.” The past matters, but the present matters more.

“Money appears to have gone to their head.”

Everton fans July 2017.

Everybody knows we’re clearly a bigger club than Wolves. Even those that have popped up on this forum know it in their hearts and minds. How defensive some of the posts in this thread are seems a tad OTT and unnecessary.

Unfortunately I always get the impression when you have to constantly say you’re a big club it’s because you haven’t done squat in recent times. History only matters to each club’s respective fans. It was the same with Saints fans last year when we got Koeman- they’d just finished 5th/6th whilst we were floundering with Martinez. We know we’re a bigger club, but to them they couldn’t comprehend why Koeman would join us as as to them we were just on the same level, if not actually worse.

For every other fan looking in perception for them is reality. All other fans see right now is a team in the relegation zone with a poor squad an a reserve team manager. They don’t give a damn about anything else.

Our history is important to us. But when you start lecturing about history you sound very similar to fans of other clubs who we ridicule for this very thing. How nice would it be if when a fan from another club pipes up here we could turn round and say “we’re fighting for the top 4, top of our Europa league group and in the quarters for the league cup.” The past matters, but the present matters more.

I never mentioned us being a big club in my post did I? Just pointed out a few facts and that they have finished above 7th in the top flight only once in the last 37 years. All I see from a lot of the Wolves fans comments is a team that's not even in the top flight yet, talking down at a club that came 7th in the Premier League only last season which would be an achievement beyond their wildest dreams for the present day Wolves.

Have you read the 'Nuno to Everton' thread on their forum? Had a glance and it's one of the most delusional i've ever read.

I have no issue with Wolves either. In fact i've always thought of them as a decent sized club like Derby and Sheffield Wednesday with a reasonable fanbase who have the potential to be in the bottom half of the top flight. But they've not even come up yet and if/when they do, we will see whether they can get above the Swanseas and Stokes first, let alone challenging the likes of Leicester and Southampton for 8th-10th.

As for ourselves, we're in complete disarray at the moment and fans of other clubs can understandably ridicule us. Not a side a level below us though who've barely been relevant since the 1950's and have by no means secured promotion yet to even become anywhere close to our equals in the present day.

Damn. Game, set, match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back