Oasis reunion

Sack dyche

• Yes

• Yes

• I’ll go oasis with you and have intercourse

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is all a bit sad really.. Dynamic pricing upping tickets to multiples of their advertised fee, Hotels cancelling rooms that were already booked then blaming a technical error only to advertise the same room for a couple of hundred more.. you'll start seeing tickets pop up on re sale sites for well above face value, being sold by people who never had any intention of going.. greed is a terrible thing.

A lot of people thing chappell roan is about to quit music, so we'll see if the tour even goes ahead. It will be a shame but she has had the same management for a year and she is probably 10x bigger than she was then, they probably don't know how to deal with it

Gig prices are insane tho, it really puts me off a lot of them. As you know I quite a lot of pop people but they are way to expensive for me. Seeing Charli for 40 which is good, I could have seen Rosalia for 60 and I didn't as I thought it was too much, but she would have been well worth that. It's the venues, ticket companies, management, promotors etc which are killing music, not the artists

It's even worse in the US too
Yeah. The TLDP gig I'm going to in Liverpool next month is costing me £35 including fees, which is very reasonable IMO. Two supporting acts too which I'm very much looking forward to seeing. That's in a mid size venue (2.5k capacity) where I think value can still be found and acts management still have some element of control. It's when they get to arena size concerts where pricing becomes a big issue. OK there are a lot more costs involved and they have to haul around all their stage equipment from venue to venue. But I don't think that justifies the hike in ticket prices of 300-500% that is common place. And that's before dynamic pricing, but in theory you'll probably only see that with the more popular acts where tickets will be heavily over subscribed.

What's happening with Chappell is a bit worrying. She has had "moments" during gigs and this whole "boundary" discussion that is going on at the moment can't be helping her state of mind. She's completely within her rights to ask for privacy when not working, but I think the way she has gone about it through social media probably wasn't the best way to do it. It's totally crazy the way she has rocketed to world fame over the last 4 months and, as you say, I don't think her management team are able to cope with it. This MVA issue being a case in point. I don't think she'll quit though, but you may see a break from touring. I think she'll see out the UK and Ireland tour this month and then there's just a few more festivals in the US in October.

Just listening to the Magdelena Bay album again as I type this. It's fantastic C. Absolutely love it.

I think the well over exposure in the media and social media gave loads of people fomo. I don't really get why it was front page news anyway, it is just a band reforming after 15 years

Sounds like you did pretty well to get tickets
What I don't get is the massive increase in streaming their discology. Three tracks and three albums all back in the charts. Probably more as the UK only allow max 3 in each from the same artist. I mean, are all these people streaming their music to see if they still like them before deciding to buy tickets.? :lol: People ar weird sometimes.

announce tickets at circa £150

sell them just over £400

braying morons paid it

what cost of living crisis.

I wouldn't pay that to see the frigging beatles.

what a disaster of humanity. We've got 10 months of this crapola to come and at least another album to top it off with.

they say you always hurt the ones you love, quite simply had enough.

Yeah. The TLDP gig I'm going to in Liverpool next month is costing me £35 including fees, which is very reasonable IMO. Two supporting acts too which I'm very much looking forward to seeing. That's in a mid size venue (2.5k capacity) where I think value can still be found and acts management still have some element of control. It's when they get to arena size concerts where pricing becomes a big issue. OK there are a lot more costs involved and they have to haul around all their stage equipment from venue to venue. But I don't think that justifies the hike in ticket prices of 300-500% that is common place. And that's before dynamic pricing, but in theory you'll probably only see that with the more popular acts where tickets will be heavily over subscribed.
TLDP were incredible at Reading. Don't feel the need to see them again til the next album but so good live.
What I don't get is the massive increase in streaming their discology. Three tracks and three albums all back in the charts. Probably more as the UK only allow max 3 in each from the same artist. I mean, are all these people streaming their music to see if they still like them before deciding to buy tickets.? :lol: People ar weird sometimes.
Its interesting, I go months not listening to them by choice (as they're on the radio stations I listen to a lot) until I go through a "phase", usually around seeing one of them live. I reckon its like that but bigger, where they've kind of become background music, and the announcement has made people sort of rediscover them. It is funny though, I don't actively listen to Wonderwall, Live Forever or Don't Look Back in Anger ever, which are the three in the charts, unless I'm playing a full album! Champagne Supernova and Whatever though...they get far more listens than is healthy!

TLDP were incredible at Reading. Don't feel the need to see them again til the next album but so good live.

Its interesting, I go months not listening to them by choice (as they're on the radio stations I listen to a lot) until I go through a "phase", usually around seeing one of them live. I reckon its like that but bigger, where they've kind of become background music, and the announcement has made people sort of rediscover them. It is funny though, I don't actively listen to Wonderwall, Live Forever or Don't Look Back in Anger ever, which are the three in the charts, unless I'm playing a full album! Champagne Supernova and Whatever though...they get far more listens than is healthy!
The tickets sold out so quickly. Luckily I used presale for Liverpool. I live in Cornwall and fly up. After presale they added a second night in Dublin which was a few days before the Liverpool gig. I can fly there too so thought I'd have a go at getting a ticket for that aswell. I have family in Dublin so could spend some time with them. As it happened I was flying up to Liverpool on the day of general sale and couldn't get to a computer until lunchtime, and by that stage both Dublin dates were sold out. That was back In February and I think they are much more popular now, so I fear the next UK tour on the back of album No 2 may well be an Arena one. I'll still probably go but it won't be the same.

I have Oasis first 4 albums but rarely listen to my CDs these days. My fave tracks are on my Ipod though. I don't stream them though. I leave my streaming for finding and listening to new music. If I had a favourite it's probably Champagne Supernova.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back