Oasis reunion

Sack dyche

• Yes

• Yes

• I’ll go oasis with you and have intercourse

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ticket companies know what they are doing. The "buzz" of getting into the buy phase after 4 hrs is the same dopamine hit gamblers experience.

At that stage, a £150 to £400 price rise no longer is a choice, it's an impulse buy.

An unethical/should be illegal business practice. Utter scum.
Pure greed, although if people boycotted tickets for even just 1 gig then it would stop... if Ticketmaster have buyers for massively inflated prices then they'll keep doing it.. it's our own fault for paying.

Live music is in a pretty bad way from a consumer perspective. As you say, dynamic pricing absolutely stinks and I wouldn't be surprised if Live Nation doesn't have big stakes in the major labels, or vice versa. It's just one big monopoly and the fans are the losers. And they need to get control over the ticket touts and the huge profits they're making.

Did you see what just happened with Chappell Roan.? Cancelled 3 European dates this week (literally days before) presumably so she can prepare for next weeks VMAs. But fans will have bought these tickets before she got massive and will now be in a bum fight for tickets at the replacement gigs, which will also probably be at 5 times the price. Also many will have lost money on transport and hotels. I'll give Chappell the benefit of the doubt and say the decisions were out of her hands, but either way she'll get the backlash for it. Saw one TikTok video of a British girl who had tickets for the Paris gig and also Taylor Swift at the Austrian concert cancelled over the terrorism threat, and she reckons she's over a grand out of pocket. That's probably a months wages

A lot of people thing chappell roan is about to quit music, so we'll see if the tour even goes ahead. It will be a shame but she has had the same management for a year and she is probably 10x bigger than she was then, they probably don't know how to deal with it

Gig prices are insane tho, it really puts me off a lot of them. As you know I quite a lot of pop people but they are way to expensive for me. Seeing Charli for 40 which is good, I could have seen Rosalia for 60 and I didn't as I thought it was too much, but she would have been well worth that. It's the venues, ticket companies, management, promotors etc which are killing music, not the artists

It's even worse in the US too

Paul Heaton very recently did a non profit arena tour (or something very close), and the tickets where £40 - that's a lot of money before the artist and band gets anything

I don't like oasis, but it really have absolutely nothing to do with them

Stuff like this too, bands have to give royalties on their own life performances

Ticket companies know what they are doing. The "buzz" of getting into the buy phase after 4 hrs is the same dopamine hit gamblers experience.

At that stage, a £150 to £400 price rise no longer is a choice, it's an impulse buy.

An unethical/should be illegal business practice. Utter scum.
Didn’t realise Stan Collymore was a poster on here! Fully agree with the sentiment though

20 people in my old work group chat tried for the ballot and then subsequently for tickets and none of them got one. Tickets also mysteriously changed prices about 3 times whilst they were waiting.

I guess monopolies are a bad thing unless they’re really good ones then it’s fine.

Tickets in Edinburgh must have been quite easy to get judging from all the brag posts from friends on my Instagram.

Not something I’d be telling everyone tbh. Would probably wear a disguise if I went.

I got a pre sale code and got through Friday night with no real hassle. I was on the Oasis mailing list. The email I got about the pre sale said I'd definitely get one, and I believe being on the new mailing list created in March is the one that did it.

For me, I can't really describe what it means. My favourite band, I've seen both of them loads over the intervening years since I saw them as Oasis in 09. So excited.

Our group managed to get 3 lots of tickets today for the same night, 2 lots persisting in refreshing Seetickets and another sticking with Ticketmaster for about 5 hours. Another group got some rubbish seats near the end on Seetickets for a Wembley date but we had a clean sweep.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back