Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Laces...Luxury

we had to play in old tin cans we'd scavenged from midden at bottomtstreet, not posh tin cans that had been opened with a proper opener either, ours were a poor excuse for a midden, we only had tin cans with jagged edges from being opened wi hammer and chisel

Tin cans? You mean what had baked beans and stuff in them? We couldn't afford them round our way.

For Summerisle.;)

Billy Bingham

1952_france_northernireland.webp

Dixie Dean and Elisha Scott

1789544.webp

That infamous game.
19641107collinslabone.webp

They are Everton players but not a clue who. 3 men in a bath lol

article-2520382-19F6D7D000000578-242_964x722.webp

The good times

images.webp

The Gladys street in full flow - it was amazing at the back it had wooden floor beams terracing under the stand -The chanting was non stop, always packed 40-50'000 average gates- great memories, great days!
Noticeable how much younger the LG crowd was in the days of terracing compared to now. One reason why there's less atmosphere now perhaps.

Noticeable how much younger the LG crowd was in the days of terracing compared to now. One reason why there's less atmosphere now perhaps.
Yes when I went on the ground tour, just looking at the stadia with empty seating looked so wrong - the whole reason I seldom went in to sit in the stands ( Grandstands) was everybody stood up as an blues attack occurred. There was a bit of atmosphere sat down was the thumping of the fans feet on the wooden floors in the old stands, I agree the bygone days of getting to the ground well early was to create an atmosphere to ousting the away fans etc, and you could pay on the gate, you could decide at any time yes let's go today, and also more important no restrictions on most away games of just turning up at an away ground, and paying on the day at the same price as the home fans, and choosing to go in any end, obviously the away end was your target - my favourite away ground was Wolves standing with a huge massive following of Blues fans in their Spion Kop which their fans seemed to use the opposite end!
Happy days, but sadly over!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back