Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Remember us playing Burnly at G P. Something like 76k there that day, anyone out there know when this was ? Old memory playing tricks like.

27 December 1960 we lost 3-0 in front of 74867 (edited with correct crowd figure)

Did not see earlier posts :)

Last edited:
agree the bygone days of getting to the ground well early was to create an atmosphere to ousting the away fans etc, and you could pay on the gate, you could decide at any time yes let's go today, and also more important no restrictions on most away games of just turning up at an away ground, and paying on the day at the same price as the home fans, and choosing to go in any end, obviously the away end was your target - my favourite away ground was Wolves standing with a huge massive following of Blues fans in their Spion Kop which their fans seemed to use the opposite end!

Agree mate, the spontaneity has disappeared, and as you say the ability to just go into any terrace you fancied.

Remember us playing Burnly at G P. Something like 76k there that day, anyone out there know when this was ? Old memory playing tricks like.
My older brother was there Season 1960/61 December 27th attendance 74,867 at home we lost 3-0 the previous day we had played Burnley away (Boxing Day) and won 3-1!
My older brother who was a young kid stated it was so overcrowded his feet were off the floor, his hands were stuck in his coat pockets, you were virtually stuck or swaying!-did not see earlier post,! :(

Last edited:

My older brother was there Season 1960/61 December 27th attendance 74,867 at home we lost 3-0 the previous day we had played Burnley away (Boxing Day) and won 3-1!
My older brother who was a young kid stated it was so overcrowded his feet were off the floor, his hands were stuck in his coat pockets, you were virtually stuck or swaying!
lol
coughs-sneezes-will-spread-disease-s.webp

The good old days - health , and safety never came into it- My older brother who had a car would go fo a session of drinking on Friday night, and would be carried away an pledge to go to the away game the next day - I was often woken up early on a Sat - get you scarf/ hat - five of us are off to Leeds fc etc - great times!

Yes when I went on the ground tour, just looking at the stadia with empty seating looked so wrong - the whole reason I seldom went in to sit in the stands ( Grandstands) was everybody stood up as an blues attack occurred. There was a bit of atmosphere sat down was the thumping of the fans feet on the wooden floors in the old stands, I agree the bygone days of getting to the ground well early was to create an atmosphere to ousting the away fans etc, and you could pay on the gate, you could decide at any time yes let's go today, and also more important no restrictions on most away games of just turning up at an away ground, and paying on the day at the same price as the home fans, and choosing to go in any end, obviously the away end was your target - my favourite away ground was Wolves standing with a huge massive following of Blues fans in their Spion Kop which their fans seemed to use the opposite end!
Happy days, but sadly over!

I got all nostalgic reading that, Joey. It just seemed so simple then.

My older brother who was a young kid stated it was so overcrowded his feet were off the floor, his hands were stuck in his coat pockets, you were virtually stuck or swaying!-did not see earlier post,! :(
Maybe the reason for the high gate was our thumping win the day before v Burnley away on Boxing Day then Typical blues get thumped 3-0 the very next day with a huge crowd! Burnley were a very good top team in that era Ray Crawford at centre forward!

Yes when I went on the ground tour, just looking at the stadia with empty seating looked so wrong - the whole reason I seldom went in to sit in the stands ( Grandstands) was everybody stood up as an blues attack occurred. There was a bit of atmosphere sat down was the thumping of the fans feet on the wooden floors in the old stands, I agree the bygone days of getting to the ground well early was to create an atmosphere to ousting the away fans etc, and you could pay on the gate, you could decide at any time yes let's go today, and also more important no restrictions on most away games of just turning up at an away ground, and paying on the day at the same price as the home fans, and choosing to go in any end, obviously the away end was your target - my favourite away ground was Wolves standing with a huge massive following of Blues fans in their Spion Kop which their fans seemed to use the opposite end!
Happy days, but sadly over!

Joey, I remember all that only to well. Man up there in the stand and stamping, nothing like it. Yes they were happy days.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back