Old Everton Pictures

662d5546bb06579f4e12ddc4f276cbe7.jpg

Everton 1 Liverpool 0 in Nov 1971 at Goodison Park. Ron Yeats challenges Joe Royle
c3fb6018539176e454158fdd7b1e758f.jpg

Not Nov 71 because Joe didn't play that game - he was back the following week to score 4 against Southampton. Could be the season before - 0-0 . Not sure who that other RS player is - Peter Thompson? - in which case it would be 69/70. Also I know that carthorse Larry Lloyd was centre-half in 71/2 as he got carried off on a stretcher. Think he played the year before too.

Not Nov 71 because Joe didn't play that game - he was back the following week to score 4 against Southampton. Could be the season before - 0-0 . Not sure who that other RS player is - Peter Thompson? - in which case it would be 69/70. Also I know that carthorse Larry Lloyd was centre-half in 71/2 as he got carried off on a stretcher. Think he played the year before too.
Again the captions are wrong - its what is in there Remember the one Tommy Husbandlol-
sometimes even the spelling is wrong also the picture source maybe from abroad too etc thanks for the information;)

Just reading about Fred Pickering his nickname at Blackburn FC was Boomer Pickering, because of his booming hard shot- He was taken from fullback to play centre forward for them - My late Father and Brother many times seen him destroy us with many goals against us one hattrick - they were rightly glad he signed for us as he got a hat trick on his debut -i think the he had scored a hattrick v us close together for Blackburn only player to score two hat tricks at Goodison with different teams his strike record was something like 77 goals in 100 games - shame he got injured -which in today's times was maybe probably not the end of his career for us....
an England international too , and still the fastest EFC player in the modern era to score 50 goals even beating Lukaku....
everton-centre-forward-fred-pickering-in-action-for-his-club-august-picture-id56862883

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back