Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

TipbhGd.png

...famous picture that but what always gets me is the supporters attire. It was only mid60s yet lads have got suits and ties on. How times change.
My dad would not have been seen dead without suit and tie in that era!!! Can still see him wearing it now as he walked down the street to get the bus to town for the train. Thought for about two hours he was coming back for me until penny dropped that he really never had a ticket for me!!!!got a TV especially for that match, most people in the street still never had one!!!! I kid you not!!

...famous picture that but what always gets me is the supporters attire. It was only mid60s yet lads have got suits and ties on. How times change.
The majority of males would wear suit and tie for the match in those days. But then the standard of working class attire at events/occasions generally then was far higher than now.

Deffo pen all day long. could've graced twickers, wrapped his arms round his ankles
Jack Taylor.....the Wolverhampton butcher!! We really have had some cracking history with refs. Disallowed a goal too although I don't know if it was a really close call. Never seen it in frame by frame. Who cares.....we won!

A few photos from my collection. I'd appreciate it if anybody can help to identify the players.
I'm fairly sure I know who the first one is but just have a lingering doubt.
The other two are from the late 40's.
Thanks
img124.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back