Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Could it be Eddie Wainwright....?
As for J.Hadley i don,t see any Hadley. there is/was a
J.Hedley 1947/50
here's some pics of Eddie...
v0_page.jpg
$_35.JPG

2bfb554506e64da390b035917dfe9471.jpg

...sometimes also known as "Teddy" Wainwright

4137502543_3b0665fc03.jpg

who's this J.Hadley back row ? could it be him I wonder ?
There is a resemblance, Jack Hedley was a right back who left Everton to play in Bogota after the 1950 World Cup,
I think Jock Dodds was acting as an agent and Neil Franklin the English International centre half also went along
with a few others. if I remember correctly, none of these players lasted very long in South America and were all
suspended when they came back, I think Hedley was transferred to Sunderland after this.

There is a resemblance, Jack Hedley was a right back who left Everton to play in Bogota after the 1950 World Cup,
I think Jock Dodds was acting as an agent and Neil Franklin the English International centre half also went along
with a few others. if I remember correctly, none of these players lasted very long in South America and were all
suspended when they came back, I think Hedley was transferred to Sunderland after this.
good stuff Dave, that's very interesting about him going to Bogota, I've actually been there myself and it's a wonderful city in a very beautiful country, but anyone who knows anything about latin america would tell you that 1950's was not a very good time at all to head to Colombia

"La Violencia" I believe they call it.

good stuff Dave, that's very interesting about him going to Bogota, I've actually been there myself and it's a wonderful city in a very beautiful country, but anyone who knows anything about latin america would tell you that 1950's was not a very good time at all to head to Colombia

"La Violencia" I believe they call it.
Fair enough Pat, maybe that's why they came back, but to be honest I think it was more about the reality was not as good
as the promises made regarding wages etc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back