Old Everton Pictures

Everton v Liverpool 1980-81 team sheet -
376bcf628339cb32488208889e28b0e0.jpg

The tower has been used as the heraldic crest of Everton Football Club since the 1937/38 season when it first appeared on the club tie at the instigation of Theo Kelly, the then secretary of the club. The crest was later incorporated into the Everton shirts.

Everton was Liverpool’s first, official, Football Club, it was originally attached to the local St Domingo Methodist Church, which once stood on Breckfield Road North. The Minister, Rev Ben Swift Chambers (1845-1901), became concerned that the young men of his parish had little to occupy their free time productively. So, in 1878, he established a football team, called St Domingo FC, to ‘keep his lads off the streets’.

Tower1_Edit.jpg

The tower has been used as the heraldic crest of Everton Football Club since the 1937/38 season when it first appeared on the club tie at the instigation of Theo Kelly, the then secretary of the club. The crest was later incorporated into the Everton shirts.

Everton was Liverpool’s first, official, Football Club, it was originally attached to the local St Domingo Methodist Church, which once stood on Breckfield Road North. The Minister, Rev Ben Swift Chambers (1845-1901), became concerned that the young men of his parish had little to occupy their free time productively. So, in 1878, he established a football team, called St Domingo FC, to ‘keep his lads off the streets’.

Tower1_Edit.jpg
Nice one mate.

Tower1_Edit.jpg
I was in Liverpool for a few days in June and meant to go and have a look at Rupert's Tower. We were advised not to
by a local who said the area was dangerous and that there were violent louts from an estate nearby. I wanted to go anyway
but the others wouldn't. Is there any truth or history of muggings there that anyone's aware of? Just curious.

I was in Liverpool for a few days in June and meant to go and have a look at Rupert's Tower. We were advised not to
by a local who said the area was dangerous and that there were violent louts from an estate nearby. I wanted to go anyway
but the others wouldn't. Is there any truth or history of muggings there that anyone's aware of? Just curious.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back