Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Numbered as.. if my mind serves me right.. Wright 2 Wilson 3 Gabriel 4 Labone 5 Harris 6 Scott 7 Trebilcock 8 Young 9 Harvey 10 Temple 11... Still Temple in my eyes ..

Anyway a memory to behold and i have done and no doubt Joe you have yourself ..............

Numbered as.. if my mind serves me right.. Wright 2 Wilson 3 Gabriel 4 Labone 5 Harris 6 Scott 7 Trebilcock 8 Young 9 Harvey 10 Temple 11... Still Temple in my eyes ..

Anyway a memory to behold and i have done and no doubt Joe you have yourself ..............
No, definitely Tommy Wright. He always had much more floppy hair than Temple.

1407535237465_wps_2_Football_29th_April_1978_.jpg

Latchford after scoring ' Moneyball ' goal v Chelsea

Front row; Brindle, Humphries husband Jackson wright, Ball, Harvey harry brown whittle ? kendall ?
Middle; Dixon ? ? Darcy Hurst labone Kenyon ? ? ? ? Darracott ?
Back; ? Royle, west barnet Williams(?) Rankin ? Johnson ?

My program for Sept 1970 lists the A team as Rankin Westborough Hughes Smith Ormrod Kenny Johnson Pritchard Wilson ( not ray ) Styles Jones G.

Reserve team Vs Wolves Barnet; Turner Darcy; Seargent Kenyon Scott; Owen Whittle Wilson Styles Humphries.

So the names are there, just putting them to the faces I haven't named above in the front middle and back rows

Last edited:
The obvious are there but look at the keepers Gordon West, Andy Rankin, Geoff Barnnet, and ? its the fringe squad players, i would like to know - one hell of a squad!

Such a big squad, but as you say the fringe players. How many actually make it to the first team on a regular basis, then as now not very many.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back