Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Front row; Brindle, Humphries husband Jackson wright, Ball, Harvey harry brown whittle ? kendall ?
Middle; Dixon ? ? Darcy Hurst labone Kenyon ? ? ? ? Darracott ?
Back; ? Royle, west barnet Williams(?) Rankin ? Johnson ?

My program for Sept 1970 lists the A team as Rankin Westborough Hughes Smith Ormrod Kenny Johnson Pritchard Wilson ( not ray ) Styles Jones G.

Reserve team Vs Wolves Barnet; Turner Darcy; Seargent Kenyon Scott; Owen Whittle Wilson Styles Humphries.

So the names are there, just putting them to the faces I haven't named above in the front middle and back rows
In my Everton bible the players who played in that season were - West,Wright,Brown,Kendall, Labone, Harvey, Husband,Jackson, Royle,Hurst, Morrissey, Kenyon,Ball, Darcy,Whittle,Brindle,Bennett, Humphries, Newton.total 19 players used in that season - the reserve team are in that photo - 34 Players plus manager and two coaches!

Last edited:

Front row; Brindle, Humphries husband Jackson wright, Ball, Harvey harry brown whittle ? kendall ?
Middle; Dixon ? ? Darcy Hurst labone Kenyon ? ? ? ? Darracott ?
Back; ? Royle, west barnet Williams(?) Rankin ? Johnson ?

My program for Sept 1970 lists the A team as Rankin Westborough Hughes Smith Ormrod Kenny Johnson Pritchard Wilson ( not ray ) Styles Jones G.

Reserve team Vs Wolves Barnet; Turner Darcy; Seargent Kenyon Scott; Owen Whittle Wilson Styles Humphries.

So the names are there, just putting them to the faces I haven't named above in the front middle and back rows

Thanks for that, I have sent it to my older brother, there are 34 players on it the Manager and two coaching staff - one is Wilf Dixon - we used 19 players as I have already posted them who played that season 19 of them so the reserve team are in amongst them!
a great team lovely footballing side, and champions! is there a young Mick Lyons in there 2nd in from the coach Wilf Dixon middle row?

Last edited:
Quite a few more than now- Whittle for instance stood in for Jimmy Husband - likewise Kenyon for the injured Labone , both were brilliant in the title run in two reserve team players!
might knock out one of my patented player vs player threads involving Whittle what you reckon Joe ???

say Whittle V Kanchelskis ???

1407535237465_wps_2_Football_29th_April_1978_.jpg

Latchford after scoring ' Moneyball ' goal v Chelsea
Packed ground. Official gate 38,000. The club really took the piss in those days.

Both great players but whittle was never an out and out speed merchant played off the centre forward he was fast, and scored I see your comparisons.
you know your stuff Joe, I might pick your brains when I'm doing my intensive research, that's right I said "intensive research" (I'm gonna look on the internet)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back