Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Oh...! we did have some lad.. believe me ...
Remember trains to the local games (now here ya go)
Blackpool,Blackburn,Burnley(shithole) changing at Preston( another shithole) though scored there a couple of times thats another story , and all out of Exchange Station and back into what time of night who knows .....

The Great Blues right winger Alex {Chico} Scott - who on his debut kicked the corner flag when taking a corner - he became a great winger for us -
AS.webp

The Great Blues right winger Alex {Chico} Scott - who on his debut kicked the corner flag when taking a corner - he became a great winger for us -View attachment 10987

Yes I was there for that game, mind back then a quid could buy you 4 gallons of petrol!

As for Scottie, one of a long line of great wingers that pulled on the Blue shirt. We always seemed to like our wingers very much.

And I bet we lost too(n)lol
That was the norm - in the Fa cup tie getting beat 1-0 at elland road my older brother said the blues got a late pen , and Alex Parker who was captain decided to spot it , and take it and fluffed it - Oh they thought the jinx of Elland road again , but fortunately the ref ordered a retake for encroachment, Royston Vernon snatched the Ball off Parker , and dispatched it with ease giving his captain the eyes!
He was a superb pen taker - so it happened in those days - a rush of blood by the capt not letting the No 1 pen taker in the team take it just like KM this season, but no chance of a retake!

I was ,we played Northampton a couple of weeks before and we went to Bedford and got our tickets for the cup match .......
Back to Northampton watched the game and jumped the Sunniways back to town.
Hitched hiked to Bedford first..
Jumped a bus to Northampton...
1-1 i think they had a cricket pitch /ground attached ...

Was at that game DT, I remember Westy trying to sell tickets outside the ground before K O, and the Evertonians just bunking in, had a good laugh with him over that.
Spoke to Westy years ago when he was in hospital,apparently he injured his thigh I think in the third round,so he had to throw the ball out instead of kicking,it really restricted him,and got worse round by round, he was brassed off as he reckoned if he'd been fully fit he'd have got his winners medal without conceding a goal in the competition,what a character:)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back