Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

I was ,we played Northampton a couple of weeks before and we went to Bedford and got our tickets for the cup match .......
Back to Northampton watched the game and jumped the Sunniways back to town.
Hitched hiked to Bedford first..
Jumped a bus to Northampton...
1-1 i think they had a cricket pitch /ground attached ...
I know there was one of the big gas tanks ( can't remember correct name, Gasometre ?)
And there were Evertonians up ther,getting a better view,what was also funny to see was Evertonians behind our goal,talking to the players,it was the nearest some had ever been to their idols.

Spoke to Westy years ago when he was in hospital,apparently he injured his thigh I think in the third round,so he had to throw the ball out instead of kicking,it really restricted him,and got worse round by round, he was brassed off as he reckoned if he'd been fully fit he'd have got his winners medal without conceding a goal in the competition,what a character:)
Sure was mate and always had time for the fans,could say the same of BALLY.

Well nobody is going to call him over his injury and 2 goals conceded at Wembley. He was then the best keeper we had ever had and at 27,000 pound by HC from Blackpool ( we do well out of the good club Blackpool) what a snip .
Of course Big Nev came along he had some work to do to beat Westie and he did ..Who is going to beat either of them 2 now ...
Certainly not..Howard.i,ll keep the circus comments to myself .!

A couple of teasers for you.

one.webp

two.webp

three.webp

Love it ... 2nd pic the serg. to the left and the constable to the right look like they are laughin ......... not one Everton top in sight ........

We left Norwich in a mini bus and heading home we got as far as Market Harborough, think the pub was called the White Horse ..not that it matters... we spent the whole of the night till the early hours in there celebating.
The Host and Hostess were brilliant to us and the night was endless , the locals in the end (cos we made them) were singing with us Everton Everton Everton as one does ........

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back