Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

I saw Alex Young play too Joey ,myself then, only a kid..
His ability to just glide away from defenders, the class he had when leaping up to head a ball,he just hung there above everyone else. He got battered by the cloggers but he still took the piss out of them.
Then along came Alan Ball and sheer magic as you say....

I saw Alex Young play too Joey ,myself then, only a kid..
His ability to just glide away from defenders, the class he had when leaping up to head a ball,he just hung there above everyone else. He got battered by the cloggers but he still took the piss out of them.
Then along came Alan Ball and sheer magic as you say....

I can still see him in my mind rising high to head in the winner at The Hawthornes in a night game, on our way to win the league.

n3Pq1q2.jpg
Boss kits. Better than anything worn today!

I can still see him in my mind rising high to head in the winner at The Hawthornes in a night game, on our way to win the league.
His headed goal v Spurs in 1963 championship season -at the age of 6 years old I remember having a big picture press photo album wit Alex hanging in the air to score that winning headed goal- they recon the roar was deafening - my late father , and older brother were there!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back