Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Until Osman's two goals at Fulham the week before the 2009 FA Cup Final, Bally's debut had been the last time that we won at Craven Cottage.

Hate stats like that. Yes we don't have much luck there but 1966 to 2009 seems like a hell of a long time but it was only 8 or 9 games in that 40 odd years seeing as they were in the lower divisions most of the time. Stats are stats and can be eye opening or deceptive.

I mean it could be twisted that when we play Bournemouth for example we haven't beat them since 1985

Hate stats like that. Yes we don't have much luck there but 1966 to 2009 seems like a hell of a long time but it was only 8 or 9 games in that 40 odd years seeing as they were in the lower divisions most of the time. Stats are stats and can be eye opening or deceptive.

I mean it could be twisted that when we play Bournemouth for example we haven't beat them since 1985
Carlisle,100% record in the top flight v the Toffs:rant:lol

Fair point. I went to all those 8 or 9 games at Craven Cottage plus the couple played at Loftus Road, and at Craven Cottage we weren't even scoring there, nevermind winning.

Fair point. I went to all those 8 or 9 games at Craven Cottage plus the couple played at Loftus Road, and at Craven Cottage we weren't even scoring there, nevermind winning.

Yes very true. I wasn't having a pop or anything its just the way the media chuck misleading stats but you are right in stating that we never got much at Fulham during the 8 or 9 games. Glad that seemed to be broken in recent years

1-0 up away v Luton,lost 2-1 I think too:(
I had to check but yes you are spot on Dario. I had a vague memory of listening on the radio but by that stage every game was another twist of the knife!! As an aside in 1986 the Oxford defeat got most of the publicity but we also threw away a lead at Luton that season too on the plastic pitch. I chatted with Colin Harvey about it one time and he said that was where we lost the league that year "because once you are in front you should never lose". That said the Rs points haul in the last 12 games was impressive.

I had to check but yes you are spot on Dario. I had a vague memory of listening on the radio but by that stage every game was another twist of the knife!! As an aside in 1986 the Oxford defeat got most of the publicity but we also threw away a lead at Luton that season too on the plastic pitch. I chatted with Colin Harvey about it one time and he said that was where we lost the league that year "because once you are in front you should never lose". That said the Rs points haul in the last 12 games was impressive.
yep mate,I think they won 11 and drew 1 of their last 12,unbelievable when you consider how poor they had been for most of that season,then again pretty believable when you consider it was them I suppose!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back