Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Yep. The scoreboard end. The scoreboard is out of shot. Superb noise in first half, a morgue by the end.
We were massively disadvantaged that match by being given the Scoreboard End. So much harder to get noise going without a roof to help.

I always remember when the supporters ends were decided the sportswriter in The Echo at the time made the ridiculous comment that the RS having the Stretford End would mean the atmosphere would be even better than it would otherwise. It was The RS Echo even then!

K7eGAAA.png

In Milan 1963, Alex Parker, Alex Scott and Roy Vernon

Joe Strummer, Maradona and Reggie Kray, shurely?

We were massively disadvantaged that match by being given the Scoreboard End. So much harder to get noise going without a roof to help.

I always remember when the supporters ends were decided the sportswriter in The Echo at the time made the ridiculous comment that the RS having the Stretford End would mean the atmosphere would be even better than it would otherwise. It was The RS Echo even then!
Correct. And three days after Panathanaikos away sigh.

Was that the cup semi at Old Trafford in 71? I was in the open end behind the goal and it was manic you couldnt breath.
Painful memory for me - I too am in that picture somewhere at the scoreboard end. Bad day. However, the next time I stood on an open terrace to watch us was against Notts County away when Gray scored with his head about three inches above the muddy goalmouth.....a much happier occasion!

Yep. The scoreboard end. The scoreboard is out of shot. Superb noise in first half, a morgue by the end.
A very bad day in our history, a day that was instrumental to the demise of a great team I was heartbroken after the game and I could only get some solace a few weeks later when Charlie George done the business at wembley mind you I got some bad looks walking up Walton Vale with an Arsenal scarf and a big rosette on the morning of the final and after the game.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back