Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

1890 shirt :

Everton_white_shirt_1886.gif

1915_medal.jpg
Now we sue them for copyright infringement and mega royalty payments and bankrupt them and they end up in the Championship.

Nah Joey I don't see any benefit in the fact that we would get to see foreign kits, what were we going to do all leg down to Jack Sharps and buy an official uefa sanctioned replica.

Those were the rules at the time, they had blue in their kit and we had blue in our kit = home team changes...but

In 64-65 the rs played Inter at home in red and milan played in black shorts, white shirt with diagonal blue black stripe, the same kit they wore in milan when we played in blue and white.

In the away leg the rs wore red and milan their traditional black and blue = still no colour clash = wear what you want
So we played in Blue and white away exactly what my brother said maybe it was an agreement between the clubs then?
that they would do that?

It's all about selling the merchandise Joe...and don't forget that 3rd away kit too....
#kerching

any blue= change kit
In those days ? seems strange to me no gimmicks in those days or that many replica shits not a great demand as it is today we are talking 1964 here maybe in milan , but I never seen blues fans wearing match shirts as they do today it was a scarf and a bobby hat or an EFC cap, a Rosette in the FA Cup that paraded more than most in my day, and the rattle!
I remember a a young kid getting the kit from Jack Sharps for Xmas no badge on it no number just a v neck shirt I can remember my mum putting a number on it = murder no 4 or no 7 or no 11 is all she could manage!lol
I have just goggled it Leeds were the first club to sell official replica shits in 1974 - for £5

Last edited:
ADMIRAL were the first maker of ENGLAND team replica shirts for Don Revie in 1974 - hence he sent them Leeds way - there was uproar by the TV company's as Admiral was on the kit - no way in 1964 would an Everton kit would have been a big earner, in the way it is done in today's -
I feel it was an agreement gesture because how many blues fans would have been able to afford to travel to MILAN in 1964 to see the game, and that famous kit???

ADMIRAL were the first maker of ENGLAND team replica shirts for Don Revie in 1974 - hence he sent them Leeds way - there was uproar by the TV company's as Admiral was on the kit - no way in 1964 would an Everton kit would have been a big earner, in the way it is done in today's -
I feel it was an agreement gesture because how many blues fans would have been able to afford to travel to MILAN in 1964 to see the game, and that famous kit???

joey66...mate... how can I put this, somehow you're missing the bleedin obvious. There were no agreements, arrangements, accommodations, no nudge nudge wink wink, IT WAS THE 'KIN RULES, nothing more nothing less, no commercial thing. 2 teams with any common colour in the strip the home team changes
peace brother.

joey66...mate... how can I put this, somehow you're missing the bleedin obvious. There were no agreements, arrangements, accommodations, no nudge nudge wink wink, IT WAS THE 'KIN RULES, nothing more nothing less, no commercial thing. 2 teams with any common colour in the strip the home team changes
peace brother.
Thats what I posted last night the bleedin obvious as you posted -
I asked my older brother who was at the game he sent me this reply -
I think in those days the away team wore there normal kit -I m sure we played in our royal blue shirts when we played in Milan

You stated above in your post
It's all about selling the merchandise Joe...and don't forget that 3rd away kit too....
#kerching
you seem to be all over the place imo?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back