Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

mMwNh2ISIRSsG6kKSTlydRw.jpg

6939085509_6c3331a0ca_b.jpg

I was at the game but with the passage of time simply can't remember though I remember the them trying to kick us off the park. Heliana Herrera their manager later claimed it was a legitimate tactic, [Poor language removed] was before his time
Yes I remember my brother, and late father rated the goal was not offside, did Roy Vernon score a good goal, it was very marginal decision!

So why did we wear white versus Inter?

In those days if there was any sort of clash the home team changed, because obviously the away team had luggage capacity issues. So based on that fact that the home team more than likely had all sorts of kits to choose from stashed in that cupboard under the stairs...or where ever.

ps we were all surprised when we came out in white.

pps Vernon was NOT offside but Young may have been in an offside position and the rules were firmer then.

Last edited:
In those days if there was any sort of clash the home team changed, because obviously the away team had luggage capacity issues. So based on that fact that the home team more than likely had all sorts of kits to choose from stashed in that cupboard under the stairs...or where ever.

ps we were all surprised when we came out in white.

pps Vernon was NOT offside but Young may have been in an offside position and the rules were firmer then.
There was no clash if you read the above post I posted it may been that in those days the home fans got a chance to see the away teams full kit as we played in our kit in the away game?

Inter Milan colours were Blue and Black Striped Shirts and Black Shorts that night, which was their normal strip.
My first ever match and Everton played in White.....COYB.

There was no clash if you read the above post I posted it may been that in those days the home fans got a chance to see the away teams full kit as we played in our kit in the away game?

Nah Joey I don't see any benefit in the fact that we would get to see foreign kits, what were we going to do all leg down to Jack Sharps and buy an official uefa sanctioned replica.

Those were the rules at the time, they had blue in their kit and we had blue in our kit = home team changes...but

In 64-65 the rs played Inter at home in red and milan played in black shorts, white shirt with diagonal blue black stripe, the same kit they wore in milan when we played in blue and white.

In the away leg the rs wore red and milan their traditional black and blue = still no colour clash = wear what you want

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back