Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

article-2513403-19A4BC2600000578-280_634x399.jpg

Joey, you need to get your brother posting on here!
I have asked him, but he just keeps feeding me true stories, the latest one was was an away game V Burnley in the early 1960's his mate had a good job brand new Ford Anglia - He arranged with his mate and my brother to go to the game in it only one week of having it - My brother was in the back-seat on his own going interior immaculate, went to the game parked on Burnley's car park as he would not dare to put it in a side road with it being so new - He told the two of them with 5 mins to go he wanted away to get a quick return home it was winter - They searched for his car and they got in it drove out of Burnley with minimum hold ups- my Brother was in the back on his own 20 minutes on glanced down at the seat next to him, and said to the owner hey Ralf where did this walking stick and Trilby hat come from I never noticed them coming here - He pulled over as soon as he could scratching his head the car was identical in colour to his car he looked at the vehicle reg !!! different car wrong Anglia yet the keys fitted everything apart from the boot, more miles on the clock too!lol
He turned around pronto headed back to the ground parked the car back in the same place, and found his Anglia 6 cars further down the line of cars on the car park he locked it up jumped in his and relieved, but cursed as he then hit all the traffic leaving the ground!!lol
Do not forget no network of motorways in those days just A roads to get the M6
The chances of that happening!

He pulled over as soon as he could scratching his head the car was identical in colour to his car he looked at the vehicle reg !!! different car wrong Anglia yet the keys fitted everything apart from the boot, more miles on the clock too!lol

Great story!

I did something similar with my Mini - 2 identical minis parked on the Broadway - opened the door with my key, got in and thought why does it smell of smoke? I don't smoke - realised it was the wrong car, mine was parked behind the one I got into. Got out locked it up and got into mine.

Best second strip any team ever had ..the amber shirts ,blue socks and blue shorts.. Alternative words to the song...
They come from Garston ,Walton ,they come from Dingle too ....
They even come from anfield to see the boys in Blue.... gimme a E V E R T O N ...the finest team in all the land

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back