Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Alex Parker one of my late fathers favourites master of the slide tackle former blues captain -
JS51790508.jpg

sold him fetched up Leeds FC under Revie won footballer of the year in the old Division one -Doh - HC never made many blunders, but labby always stated the sale of this guy , and Bally was a bad error of Judgement by the Manager!
1965collinsfoty.jpg

Didn,t ever see Bobby Collins play for us,but heard enough to know he was a gifted player.
When he and Johnny Giles played together for Leeds you could see the class both of them had ...
The downside to that was they were a pair of Snidey little T ....

Didn,t ever see Bobby Collins play for us,but heard enough to know he was a gifted player.
When he and Johnny Giles played together for Leeds you could see the class both of them had ...
Just as well they had the calming influence of Billy Bremner in there as well or they could have turned out to be a right team of wrong uns

Sarcasm at its best Paul...;)
Saying that there were another few in that side that took no prisoners ...
Used to love playing Leeds.. win or lose, home or away, some great times ...Adrenalin pumping..

My older brother, and my late father raved about him, he put the steel in our midfield they where gutted when HC sold him!

My late big bro used to rave about him too....called him the 'pocket battleship'...and he was only just second to Roy Vernon in his eyes.
Yes them uproar when he was sold was quite vocal - he was replaced by Dennis Stevens ( The late great Duncan Edwards cousin) purchased from Bolton - He was very good , bit never the goal scorer Colin's was also it was the fact that Colins took Leeds on to a hard dirty classy team which went on to win loads stayed on the coaching staff there - when Collinsmn returned to Goodison with Leeds that famous game where the teams where tab hen off - the line was drawn in the sand as future Leeds Everton games were like Derby games!
Colins was sold as he had asked for a deservedly pay rise - He had taken us from a bottom of the table area up into the top six almost single handedly - Different player to Bally, but a controversial exit like him!

Yes them uproar when he was sold was quite vocal - he was replaced by Dennis Stevens ( The late great Duncan Edwards cousin) purchased from Bolton - He was very good , bit never the goal scorer Colin's was also it was the fact that Colins took Leeds on to a hard dirty classy team which went on to win loads stayed on the coaching staff there - when Collinsmn returned to Goodison with Leeds that famous game where the teams where tab hen off - the line was drawn in the sand as future Leeds Everton games were like Derby games!
Colins was sold as he had asked for a deservedly pay rise - He had taken us from a bottom of the table area up into the top six almost single handedly - Different player to Bally, but a controversial exit like him!
Don't know if you know mate ,but Bobby Collins was also called the Little General by a lot of Evertonians.

Don't know if you know mate ,but Bobby Collins was also called the Little General by a lot of Evertonians.
Yes and I am familiar with the pocket battles ship too, but yes I believe the Little General was most popular - I would have loved to have seen him, My older Brother stated he was nothing like Bally, but not far behind him I.e he was not a box to box midfielder, but totally dictated midfield , and put it about hence, scored goals for fun, and cultured the way the Leeds later teams played

Yes and I am familiar with the pocket battles ship too, but yes I believe the Little General was most popular - I would have loved to have seen him, My older Brother stated he was nothing like Bally, but not far behind him I.e he was not a box to box midfielder, but totally dictated midfield , and put it about hence, scored goals for fun, and cultured the way the Leeds later teams played
Quite right mate,he was a real snide,so he was a good shoe in for that Leeds team at the time. But we all love a snide,when they are playing for us, of course.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back