Old Everton Pictures

1604341503541.webp

Should be a prize to whoever can name this smokin' goalie. I'll throw John Osborne in as a possible candidate. It's certainly something he would do lol
Checked an old team photo of WBA. I have a few hundred of those old large typhoo tea cards at hand. Easily checked through. It's John Osborne of WBA.
Although I confess that I knew that anyway. Mind reading an article about him smoking in one of those football magazines many moons back....
Was also surprised that Billy Bremner also smoked. Although not on a football pitch like Osborne...........The stupid things that stick in your head as a youngster.....

The Blues fans raved about Royston Vernon so fast over 12 yards with his combination with the GV they were a deadly duo in the 1963 Championship team - also if Royston had not been a chain smoker as great as he was he could have been at the very top of the players he list in this article photo - here he is in his famous trait of scoring taking the ball around a keeper to slot in famous for it -
1604357744902.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back