Old Everton Pictures

Blackpool council were going to use rock salt around the ground but Alex Scott paid them not too bother lol
I was on holiday about 10 years ago and got chatting to a guy at the hotel bar as you do, he asked me if i was a red or a blue and when i said i was a blue, he said my dad used to play for Everton........... it was Alex Scott's son, I don't think he was aware that we used to call his arl fella Chico, I never had a clue why to tell him.
He said his dad adored Everton and loved the place and he never wanted to leave, i think Jimmy Husband must have been pushing hard for a starting place around that time though.

It was awful traffic jam maybe a road accident - TBH I got there 15 minutes late never seen the game as explained - Malcolm Allison had Bally man marked plus HK got a bad knock early on - it was a drab game by all accounts - then a fatal goal in the last minutes Everton that -
I was fuming all that travel never to see the game thousands of blues without tickets got in the Holt end though free..... could have been another Hillsborough TBH.....
Don't think there was an accident. It was purely just the volume of traffic coming all travelling down from Lancashire (as it was then).

Catterick was a man who had ultimate belief in his own decision making. Not universally liked by the players, to say the least, under his charge. But he got them playing for the cause. Woe betide you if you got in his face over even the tiniest sleight. Unless you were Bernie Wright of course, then Catt disappeared under his desk lol
Wouldn't have thought ( according to all I've read about Catterick) that he would have been that worried about Bernie Wright. Although why we brought him to the club (BW that is) I will never know.
Anyhow.......far to young to know much about Bobby Collins. the
But tbh never ever understood why Catterick got rid of Alan Ball. Surely problems could have been mutually sorted. Seems not though. Not with Catterick.

EVERTON-MANCHESTER UNITED 1-1 30/10/1988 Pat Nevin drives his way through -
1604447310434.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back