Old Everton Pictures

Bailey, Inchy, & Sharpy celebrating -
1605392494312.webp

The squad in 1953/54 captained by Peter Farrell gaining promotion back into the top league the old Division One - the great news was as were promoted - the team over the park were relegated ..... to Division Two - they stayed there for a good while too......
View attachment 108033
That was the year of my birth Joey, what a year for my arl fella then he had me.

Wee, Bobby Collins - I just missed this guy play - The Little General -
View attachment 108059
My dad loved this fella. He was sorry that the 63 side that won the league didn't have him. My dad absolutely despised Leeds (even when they were in the 2nd Div. he would always just say "good" upon hearing that they'd had a bad result) but he always admired Collins's catalyst effect there. He was a long way before my time but what would you say he was like, a version of Reid or the like?

The Grand old lady - we never used the wings much from this photo did we ? :D -
View attachment 108070

Shows how hemmed GP is but managed to get those houses at the park end. My Uncle Stan lived in Eton Street just down from the GP entrance. Family on Mum's side lived in one of the groves off Luxmore Road. My parents and me lived in Stewart Road for a few years after the war. That is a measure of how Blue we are.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back