Old Everton Pictures

1609854979936.webp

I didn't mind their dark mild...or sometimes with a bottle of Mann's Brown...every so often we'd drive out to the pub next to the brewery - can't get fresher than that.
Mann's Brown my late Grandfather loved that stuff - he won a ticket with a neighbour to fly on one of the first Concorde flights ever - I asked him what was it like - Crap no Mann's brown anywhere in Paris..... lol

Mann's Brown my late Grandfather loved that stuff - he won a ticket with a neighbour to fly on one of the first Concorde flights ever - I asked him what was it like - Crap no Mann's brown anywhere in Paris..... lol
In a previous incarnation, I worked on some of the wind tunnel development, used to wind up the 68,000hp compressor to get mach 2.8.
One day we got told to gather on the fire drill field at after tea break at 10.30 and got our own low level personal fly past by the chief test pilot as a gesture of thanks

@Dario Terracotta your mate standing by the wall, with Mike Bernard - while Chairman John Moore's is examining Tiger's leg big Joe is laughing his head off -

View attachment 113115

I’m going with a slightly different line up there Joey! L to R - Eric Harrison sat down , Henry “the Hammer” Newton, John McLaughlin, then Joe Harper and Gary Jones over by the wall laughing?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back