Old Everton Pictures

1964, Fred Pickering, 4-0 derby win. - with a very weakened team the blues fielded -

1611358125906.webp

Good description of the stand there. Probably the only ground in the country where the Directors Box has obstructed views :). Never understood why we never replaced the roofing with modern construction materials and methods that would have done away with the middle pillars. Would have massively improved the appearance of the stand and reduced the number of obstructed view seats. Seem to recall that Chelsea showed us how to build a stand of that size without obstructions a year or two later.
10%
That was how much extra a proper roof job would've added to the cost
£700,000 on £7M

@Eggs ... that match you were talking about - v Arsenal away, August '69 0 - 1 (Hurst) ... he hooked the ball in for the goal. For some unknown reason, the highlights appeared in my YouTube feed this afternoon. I thought it was a header like you.

@Joey66 @degsy @bcblue1878 - or anyone really: anyone know what the capacity was of the standing area of the old main stand? Looking at photos of it empty, it must have been considerable.

@Eggs ... that match you were talking about - v Arsenal away, August '69 0 - 1 (Hurst) ... he hooked the ball in for the goal. For some unknown reason, the highlights appeared in my YouTube feed this afternoon. I thought it was a header like you.

@Joey66 @degsy @bcblue1878 - or anyone really: anyone know what the capacity was of the standing area of the old main stand? Looking at photos of it empty, it must have been considerable.
It was as it was on a weird contour of Goodison road

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back