Old Everton Pictures

@Eggs ... that match you were talking about - v Arsenal away, August '69 0 - 1 (Hurst) ... he hooked the ball in for the goal. For some unknown reason, the highlights appeared in my YouTube feed this afternoon. I thought it was a header like you.

@Joey66 @degsy @bcblue1878 - or anyone really: anyone know what the capacity was of the standing area of the old main stand? Looking at photos of it empty, it must have been considerable.
Sorry no not me, a bit before my time! It must have been pretty huge though. I know all seating, health and safety etc have had a big impact on attendances, but when you consider the record attendance is over 78,000 - and today’s maximum is about 50% of that they were packing them in somewhere!

Sorry no not me, a bit before my time! It must have been pretty huge though. I know all seating, health and safety etc have had a big impact on attendances, but when you consider the record attendance is over 78,000 - and today’s maximum is about 50% of that they were packing them in somewhere!
It was a huge terrace that went under the old stand too.... 78,000 I would predict it was our biggest area for fans back then... the City fans gathered there as an away end ......

1611446585735.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back