Old Everton Pictures

@Eggs ... that match you were talking about - v Arsenal away, August '69 0 - 1 (Hurst) ... he hooked the ball in for the goal. For some unknown reason, the highlights appeared in my YouTube feed this afternoon. I thought it was a header like you.

@Joey66 @degsy @bcblue1878 - or anyone really: anyone know what the capacity was of the standing area of the old main stand? Looking at photos of it empty, it must have been considerable.
At a guess...really full, 70,000 full, low 20,000s, iirc, the lower Gwladys was about 19,000
Then you had the Bullens paddock, Park end terrace.
That leaves the 4 stands...with fixed capacities...to make up 30,000.
Like I said...all guesswork

Alan Whittle gets no 2 at the pit to send us onto a great victory - I was in the Kop what a day -

View attachment 115269
I was at a wedding reception at Clarkes Gardens.
Both sides were blues so they wouldn't pick a home game and as groom wouldn't set foot in anfield, that day was chosen
There were about 6 or 8 of us, Groom, Bestman, Brides Father and Brother included, huddled round a little radio out back of the kitchens.
We later adjourned to the Throstles Nest were festivities went on into the small hours, much erudite shight was talked...it was a long walk back to Garston.

Kevin Sheedy heads past Chelsea's Eddie Niedzweiki in 1985-
4662f3461ea6ec0cef5e7c5729d3b5d4.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back