Old Everton Pictures

Everton V Wolves - 1974 Bob Latchford wins the ball in a 0-0 draw - A certain Joe Royle looks on - on his way out to Manchester City - he & the Latch only had a handful of games together -

1617668121666.webp

True - I was on away grounds were the home fans clapped the Blues off the park our midfield - The Holy Trinity were telepathic a joy to see .....the rest of the team were brilliant too - one forward in Joe Royle, but with the midfield two wingers who cut in goals came from most places - John Hurst also used to maraud forwards & score some vital goals he was class - Labby's legs at the back - what a player he really was if he was injured - you realised what a gem of a player he really was - fans rave about Stones - Stones was not in the same league as Hursty .....
I remember them doing that at Stoke in 68

I know its bit tongue in cheek, but its not a fair comparison, different positions, different times.
Both were very good at what they did, both on their day were unplayable
I was jesting with @TangerineToffee it goes back in a Bally autobiography when as an apprentice at Blackpool very young Bally played a ball a yard ahead of Sir Stan and he just let it roll out for a throw in .....
Bally ripped into him a perfect ball - to my feet son stated Stan - Bally insisted on playing the ball to Stan the same way - hence dropped the next game ...plus then every photo Stan seems to wear brilliant white shorts after the game LOL

I was jesting with @TangerineToffee it goes back in a Bally autobiography when as an apprentice at Blackpool very young Bally played a ball a yard ahead of Sir Stan and he just let it roll out for a throw in .....
Bally ripped into him a perfect ball - to my feet son stated Stan - Bally insisted on playing the ball to Stan the same way - hence dropped the next game ...plus then every photo Stan seems to wear brilliant white shorts after the game LOL
I knew you were by the lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back