Old Everton Pictures

Our White Pele ......did Stan ever win the top league trophy :D
Nearly. 1956 I think it was second to Manchester United. Late 40s and the decade to follow Pool were thereabouts in Cup finals and high league finishes but no top league title for the legend. However Sir Stan was the first winner of the Ballon d'Or as European player of the year in that golden period. At the age of 40. Beat that ;)

Nearly. 1956 I think it was second to Manchester United. Late 40s and the decade to follow Pool were thereabouts in Cup finals and high league finishes but no top league title for the legend. However Sir Stan was the first winner of the Ballon d'Or as European player of the year in that golden period. At the age of 40. Beat that ;)
Blimey was Stan playing when the Dinosaurs ruled the earth ?
I asked my older brother who seen him in his latter years he stated he was OK..... you could see he had been a good un.....,.

1617665221609.webp

1963 Inter Milan V Everton our defence copes, but alas we got beat 1-0 in that away leg to go out on that scoreline - A certain youngster in Colin Harvey made his debut in that game & never let us down to become a star years later -

1617665914032.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back