Old Everton Pictures

17344206791_7a7f15ed1a_z.jpg

I seen them both - Colin Harvey's words were the 1980's team brilliant midfield = 4 players the 1969/70 was three players - Alan ball was totally world class as were Kendal and Harvey, total telepathic football = 3 players
different eras but as a footballing side it has to be the Holy Trinity yet they won less - I seen them as a youngster so may be baiesd but for me it was the best brand of football you could ever see breathtaking at times not workman like just blistering football!

Ball top player for me, but only because he was part of an exceptional team. He went of the boil with the Arse.

Ball top player for me, but only because he was part of an exceptional team. He went of the boil with the Arse.
To be honest he'd gone off the boil not long into the 1970/1 season after Ramsey burnt him up in Mexico.

At Arsenal he played a much more constrained role, more short, sideways passing, less of the incisive passing and runs into the box. He was nowhere near rated as highly by fans at Arsenal as he was at GP.

To be honest he'd gone off the boil not long into the 1970/1 season after Ramsey burnt him up in Mexico.

At Arsenal he played a much more constrained role, more short, sideways passing, less of the incisive passing and runs into the box. He was nowhere near rated as highly by fans at Arsenal as he was at GP.

I think you're being a bit simplistic there - lot more to it than that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back