Old Everton Pictures

everton-v-wolves-60-22.jpg

The Queen, who, as we know has to turn up at all sorts of stuff from A to Z She has no Interest in what so ever and who like Her Dad and Gdad had this supposed to be big on duty thing going on
Has never been to a Cup final ( except the Bobby Moore one in 66 which was sort of mandatory ) since being disrespected by the rs who sang god save our gracious TEAM instead of Queen.
nothing changes, then as now

...I always remember Mark Wright lifting the trophy, clearly shouting to the watching world 'you effin beauty'. Total lack of respect and class.

The Queen, who, as we know has to turn up at all sorts of stuff from A to Z She has no Interest in what so ever and who like Her Dad and Gdad had this supposed to be big on duty thing going on
Has never been to a Cup final ( except the Bobby Moore one in 66 which was sort of mandatory ) since being disrespected by the rs who sang god save our gracious TEAM instead of Queen.
I think you'll find it was Chelsea. And they were in bed in the hotel at the time.

Anyway, a little local history;
images_full_17.jpg

The Queen attended the 1976 and 2007 Finals but I agree on the point you are making.

My own personal thanks goes to.......

James Clement Baxter (1857-1928), the son of a Liverpool chemist, also a devout Catholic, and a man still revered and remembered on Merseyside as “The Good Doctor of Robson Street”. His service and dedication to his patients, mainly drawn from the poorest quarters – the impoverished, the orphans, the Irish immigrant community – remains legendary.
He is further honoured as a founding father of the great Everton Football Club – the man who put up an unsecured and interest-free loan to develop Goodison Park, club doctor, a director for some thirty years, and ultimately chairman of the club. He and Eugénie’s son, Cecil Stuart Baxter (1886-1954), followed him as club doctor and director – a link with the family that endured for over sixty years.

james-clement-robson.webp

Yes George V and Queen Mary in 1913, followed by George VI and Queen Elizabeth to present Colours to the Liverpool Scottish Battalion in 1938.
I knew I had seen it somewhere in Goodison,pity I hadn't taken a pic, perhaps someone could oblige , thanks for that, nice one mate.
Am I fight in thinking that this Royal visit was a first at any football ground ?.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back