Old Everton Pictures

CfOQ27OWsAAqafG.jpg

I went on the special that night, think we got home about 4am but no one cared we didn't want that night to end. For the lads that went, how many do you think we had there? I'm going for 6000.
yep,around that figure mate,could have been more,when we scored I remember seeing a few blues celebrating on spurs "shelf" too!

Really? Well the news source I was reading was wrong. I always thought it was for throwing stuff. I was relieved to read it was because of FIFA, but now back to throwing stuff. :(

Nothing to do with FIFA and all to do with throwing darts at Bill Brown the Spurs Goalie...we had a bit of a bad rep back in the day.

yep,around that figure mate,could have been more,when we scored I remember seeing a few blues celebrating on spurs "shelf" too!
Yes what a night. We knew it was massive game. The teams confidence and belief was so high-they knew they could win it. But I was so nervous before. Had a few beers and managed to get into one of their boxes. In those days you could drink all game. Got absolutely bladdered and remember taking piss our of their fans in next box. Was up the end of Big Nevs save. I couldn't believe he saved it and I told him that a few years ago. He just grinned.
Recall going to Sheffield Wed a few days later and we were awful but still managed to scrape a 1-0 win. Big Nev made another unbelievable save that day too.
What happy days...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back